Corsair Community

CUE "No Device Detected" only on Windows Startup

tanz700

Hello,

My Problem:

Cue will not detect my RGB K70 and RGB M65 when it first starts up with Windows. I have to exit CUE and re-open it in order for it to detect my devices. After that, everything works normal.

My Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

i7 4770K

Asus Z-87 Deluxe

16 GB DDR3 Mushkin RAM

4 GB GTX 770

500 GB Samsung Evo 850

2 TB WD Black

Corsair AX860i

I recently reinstalled Windows after getting a new SSD. Prior to the reformat, CUE worked perfectly fine. No issues at all even with older versions. After installing Windows, all Windows updates, and all bios/driver updates, I installed CUE and began to experience this annoying bug.

I contacted tech support and tried the following steps they suggested:

Ensure Bios and USB driver are up to date. I have the latest bios/drivers according to the Asus website.

Ensure USB Initialization is set to partial initialization in the bios. It was set to partial by default. I also tried full initailization but no difference.

I reinstalled the latest version of CUE and I believe I have the latest firmware (mouse v1.19 and keyboard v1.2). Just for the heck of it I found an old version of CUE (1.3xxx) on an old hard drive. I tried installing it but made no difference.

I tried different USB ports. I have the same issue with both USB 3 and 2 ports.

Also, I went into device manager and uninstalled all drivers related to my keyboard and mouse. I turned off and unplugged my rig for a few minutes. Unplugged my keyboard and mouse. Booted up my PC and plugged my keyboard/mouse back in to allow Windows to reinstall it's drivers. Windows detects my devices fine. I have no unknown devices in device manager.

Tech support seemed a bit baffled, claiming this is a rare issue and may not be CUE related. He recommended installing Windows again, but I'm really trying to avoid this.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm all out of ideas.

Yeah, this happens with me too. Not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time, so I have no idea what could be causing it.

Well at least I'm not the only person with the issue. Corsair tech support made it seem like it was very rare. Hopefully it's a bug in CUE they will fix soon.

Well at least I'm not the only person with the issue. Corsair tech support made it seem like it was very rare. Hopefully it's a bug in CUE they will fix soon.

This was happening to me too, but a fresh install of windows 7 X64 pro (due to a new SSD) seemed to fix it for me. I tried to see what the conflict was by disabling startup programs and such but never go to the end as I reinstalled due to the new SSD.

This was happening to me too, but a fresh install of windows 7 X64 pro (due to a new SSD) seemed to fix it for me. I tried to see what the conflict was by disabling startup programs and such but never go to the end as I reinstalled due to the new SSD.

Hmm ok. This started happening to me right after a fresh Windows 7 install (I got a new ssd too). I am trying to avoid installing Windows again :/

I fixed it and the reason is pretty silly...

I had CUE installed on my SSD. I uninstalled it and reinstalled on my Western Digital drive.

Now CUE detects my devices on startup.

I'm going to contact tech support about this. No reason why CUE shouldn't be able to function properly on an SSD. I guess maybe it was loading CUE before Windows could detect the keyboard?

you can tell when windows had detected the keyboard and loded the drivers as the lights go out and come back on and thats usually before the welcome screen. I think it might be a loading conflict as you hinted at too.

I temporarily fixed the issue. I have two partitions on the same hard drive (It is an SSD, but it looks like the problem doesn't just come from people who own SSD's). I installed CUE on the other partition, and now it works just fine on start up. It seems if you install the software on your Windows installed partition, CUE won't detect your keyboard on start up.

Again, Corsair please fix this.

• Corsair Employee
Whether it is on SSD or a Hard Disk has no bearing (we used both in testing). I'll report the findings but this is more of an OS issue than it is the software. I'll also check to see what exactly CUE looks for when it first starts up. There could also be a possibility that CUE loads faster than what the USB controller can detect the device.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived