Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine, no device detected.

beardedfatman

Earlier today i received my Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Cherry MX Red, first thing i did was plug both of the USBs into two USB 2.0 slots, i installed the correct firmware for the keyboard and then proceeded to install the Corsair Utility Engine. after the engine has successfully installed and booted up i was welcomed with a "NO DEVICE DETECTED. PLEASE CONNECT A DEVICE", this baffled me as the keyboard was working, the LEDs are all working and all buttons are working (proof is that i am writing this with it). i have tried rebooting multiple times and connecting the USBs into various different slots following the user guide. this is frustrating me because i am unable to customize the profiles and LEDs on the keyboard due to the profiles and device tabs both being greyed out and unclickable, and that was a big selling point for me. i would appreciate any help to my issue. thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as green as this might sound, i have no idea how to do that. if you know how to do that i would appreciate it. Also i cannot find any other threads of people having the same issue, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. but from what I've heard in the devices tab should be where i install firmware and what not, however due to that being greyed out i had to install it manually from the website.

from what i know of my PC, i dont have any USB 3.0's only 2.0's. but like i said, the keyboard is completely working, LEDs and all, the only thing not working is that the corsair utility engine is not detecting it, however if i go into the files for where i installed the engine, in devices it has a folder for k70rgb. is it a must to have a usb 3.0? i thought a 2.0 was usable as long as both cables were plugged in.

I remember a similar issue showing up for me when i installed the CUE version of the software.

However im pretty sure unplugging the cables and plugging them back in was able to resolve the issue.

Just to be sure what firmware version was it that you installed?

The spec for the K70 is either 2xUSB2.0 (Plugging the Auxiliary Power Cable in before the Keyboard Cable) or just 1xUSB3.0 (Using just the Keyboard cable and not the Auxiliary Power).

currently it's on 1.09? i think. but unplugging and plugging back in, in the order doesn't seem to do much, its a pain as im stuck with a solid red until i find a fix. i hope its the software/firmware and not the actual keyboard causing the issue. thanks for all help btw, ill get there sooner or later

currently it's on 1.09? i think. but unplugging and plugging back in, in the order doesn't seem to do much, its a pain as im stuck with a solid red until i find a fix. i hope its the software/firmware and not the actual keyboard causing the issue. thanks for all help btw, ill get there sooner or later

The latest K70 firmware is 1.12.

Does anything show up in Settings -> Device?

If its showing up in there you could get try getting and flashing the 1.12 firmware which will hopefully resolve the issue.

Try this:

1. Download latest firmware for k70 RGB: http://www3.corsair.com/software/HID/K70RGB.zip

K70RGB_app112.bin dated 9-22-2014

2. Download latest software: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads

Corsair Utility Engine - v1.1.48 9-22-2014

3. Uninstall CUE currently loaded

4. Boot

5. Connect cables

6. Update firmware you downloaded (K70RGB_app112.bin)

7. Boot

8. Install CUE (Corsair Utility Engine - v1.1.48)

9. Boot

10. See if that works

Post your results

You have to uninstall the software and start fresh with the steps I outlined.

With the fresh install hopefully the greyed out areas will be solved.

Also did you extract all from the downloaded folder after downloading the firmware.

Then when you click update firmware, click the browse button and go to the folder where you have extracted the

K70RGB_app112.bin and select it.

The 1.09 firmware you see on that page is for the normal K70 (and is the latest for it afaik), not the RGB one. The firmware for the RGB series must be downloaded directly from the CUE software from what I've seen.

The problem is that, since the device is not being detected. I can't update the firmware through CUE because it's grayed out and its unclickable. So there is no way for me to update it that way. :(

The problem is that, since the device is not being detected. I can't update the firmware through CUE because it's grayed out and its unclickable. So there is no way for me to update it that way. :(

I guess your best option is to wait for the update that is supposed to come out by the end of this week.

Gotten my K70 today, and this is how I proceeded to get it to work:

1. Download the latest CUE software
  2. Connect keyboard (I used USB 3.0 port, but 2x USB 2.0 ports are good too)
  3. Install CUE with Admin rights (run as administrator, win7 or higher)
  4. Download firmware given by CUE at launch
  5. Install firmware downloaded
  6. keyboard got "lost" > moved the polling rate switch one notch
  7. everything back and working, downloaded profiles and added them to my keyboard

No complaints at all, aside from the little "oh sh**" moment right after firmware update.

• 1 month later...

Archived