Corsair Community

Asus P9X79 Deluxe & CML16GX3M4A1600C9B

Soulshade

Hi folks,

I'm currently building my new System containing these two parts:

- Asus P9X79 Deluxe

- Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB Kit (CML16GX3M4A1600C9B)

After pushing the Power On button the MemOK! LED lights up, signaling a DIMM problem. There are two possible explanations for this:

1. I failed at installing those 4 DIMMs

2. The Vengeance LP 16GB Kit is incompatible in which case i should press the MemOK! button.

After reinstalling the 4 DIMMs the LED is still bright red, so i pushed the button and waited. The P9X79 then starts some automatic memory compatibility tuning but finished with the exact same status, so i checked the QVL and to my surprise the 16GB Vegeance LP kit is not listed. Only the CMZ16GBX3M4A1600C9(XMP) is listed which, i guess, is the "normal", "high" Vengeance variant which wouldnt fit under my Prolimatech Genesis.

Anyone got any ideas?

Greetings!

Soul

Solution:

The mainboard bios needed to be upgraded.

Pull all sticks out and rest the CMOS . Then add just one stick and start the machine. If you can get into your BIOS, enable XMP , save and exit.

Test to be sure the machine boots correctly. If it does shut it down and add the remaining sticks.

Let us know how you make out.

I tried it with just one Module but it still wont work :[pouts: so I changed them at the shop but the new ones (now some other brand which was mentioned at the QVL) still result in a shiny red LED ... Guess there is something wrong with the mainboard ... Gona return it soon and keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived