Corsair Community

Rm750x PSU fan

Nephilim

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone!

I have an Corsair RM750x PSU and i am a little worried about the fact that the fan of my power supply doesnt spin at all! I know that this unit has zero rpm fAntech on it,but i would like to see the fan spin in gaming,at least, but saddly this never happened... I have an GTX 980 oc to 1480 mhz,also I5 4670k at 4.4 ghz with 1.20v core,16 gb ram 1866 mhz,1 tb hdd,2 ssd's,Asus Z97 Pro Gamer as Mobo and Asus Xonar D2 as my sound card.

I want to know what power consumption should my system drow in order to move that PSU fan? I game at 4k or 2k,on a 40" TV,if this matters,and my gpu is an Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Gaming that demand some high/clean power thru its 2x8 pci-e pins - so i expected PSU fan spin in games but still nothing... Because of this,PSU case becomes pretty hot while running games.

Is this behavior non harmfull for long term PSU health/reliability? I guess that constant heat on capacitors can short their lifespan?

Thanks in advance for your advices!

P.S.: Sorry for my english,is not my native language.

• 8 months later...

I cannot f`````g believe that nobody answer me for 8 months now!

What support forum is this???

This PSU has an huge design flow on it calls ZERO RPM FAN MODE that makes capacitors and all internal components hot like hell because that damn fan never spin!

I will open the PSU case and,despite void the warranty,i will plug out the fan from the PCB and connect to a fan controller for just spining and cooling.

At least can someone from Corsair techs have something to say about that?

In fact,there is any support tech on this forum?...

• Corsair Employee

I have an Corsair RM750x PSU and i am a little worried about the fact that the fan of my power supply doesnt spin at all! I know that this unit has zero rpm fAntech on it,but i would like to see the fan spin in gaming,at least, but saddly this never happened... I have an GTX 980 oc to 1480 mhz,also I5 4670k at 4.4 ghz with 1.20v core,16 gb ram 1866 mhz,1 tb hdd,2 ssd's,Asus Z97 Pro Gamer as Mobo and Asus Xonar D2 as my sound card.

I want to know what power consumption should my system drow in order to move that PSU fan? I game at 4k or 2k,on a 40" TV,if this matters,and my gpu is an Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Gaming that demand some high/clean power thru its 2x8 pci-e pins - so i expected PSU fan spin in games but still nothing... Because of this,PSU case becomes pretty hot while running games.

Is this behavior non harmfull for long term PSU health/reliability? I guess that constant heat on capacitors can short their lifespan?

Thanks in advance for your advices!

P.S.: Sorry for my english,is not my native language.

Totally normal. Your PSU is way more than you actually need. If you question if the PSU fan actually works or not, look at the fan when you initially power on. It should do a quick "test spin" to show that it's working.

I cannot f`````g believe that nobody answer me for 8 months now!

What support forum is this???

It's not a support forum. It's a user forum. For support, you contact support.

This PSU has an huge design flow on it calls ZERO RPM FAN MODE that makes capacitors and all internal components hot like hell because that damn fan never spin!

It's not a design flaw. It's a feature. You could run your rig with an RM550x and still be fine. That fan doesn't spin because it doesn't need to.

I will open the PSU case and,despite void the warranty,i will plug out the fan from the PCB and connect to a fan controller for just spining and cooling.

That's a pretty dumb idea.

At least can someone from Corsair techs have something to say about that?

In fact,there is any support tech on this forum?...

No. If you want support, you should contact support.

Yes,it does some spin when power on the system,for 10 secs or like.

But,despite the fact that PC is running 100% stable,is still too hot in PSU case. I believe this will lead at shorter lifespan of the PSU internal parts.

It could be the perfect power supply if it had an eco mode switch...

Thanks anyway!

• Corsair Employee

Then the fan works.

"Too hot" is very subjective. You're in no position to determine what "too hot" is without knowing the actual temperatures inside the PSU. To say that it's "too hot" despite functioning properly and that the PSU will inevitably fail because of it means to imply that you know better than the engineers at Corsair or CWT.

The PSU is not getting "too hot". If it were, the fan would be spinning.

If the PSU was bound to fail in a short period of time because it gets "too hot", how would Corsair be able to give it a 10 year warranty?

Archived