The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:51 PM

POST ID # = 469324
Ultimatium Reputation: 10

@RMA_GUY i have not received any previous RMA number.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:58 PM

POST ID # = 469424

I cannot use my computer since i am unable to connect the two 8 pin cables from the motherboard to the AX1200. I will need an extension cable, however, RAM_GUY wants me to contact him with my RMA number. It is now almoust a week ago since i requested the RMA and i have not received any response from Corsair. Therefore i am unable to give my RMA Number,as i never received any.

I am seriously starting to do some thinking about just selling my Corsair rig and never buy any products again. A custom build pc is no fun if you cannot power up your CPU.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 469609
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatium View Post
I cannot use my computer since i am unable to connect the two 8 pin cables from the motherboard to the AX1200. I will need an extension cable, however, RAM_GUY wants me to contact him with my RMA number. It is now almoust a week ago since i requested the RMA and i have not received any response from Corsair. Therefore i am unable to give my RMA Number,as i never received any.

I am seriously starting to do some thinking about just selling my Corsair rig and never buy any products again. A custom build pc is no fun if you cannot power up your CPU.
Your motherboard does not require 2x 8 pin EPS connectors to operate, the second connector is optional and is there to give you extra power under extreme overclocking conditions. The system will operate perfectly fine with a single EPS connector.

How did you request the RMA? Do you have the case number which was assigned to the RMA request?

Old 10-04-2010, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 469616

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Your motherboard does not require 2x 8 pin EPS connectors to operate, the second connector is optional and is there to give you extra power under extreme overclocking conditions. The system will operate perfectly fine with a single EPS connector.
I understand that, but it doesn't matter whether the second 8 pin connector is optional. When none of them are long enough to reach the motherboard, logically i am unable to power my cpu at all. I will need at least 1x 8 pin connector to power up my cpu, right now i have two 8 pin connectors that came with the AX1200 unit and none of them are long enough to reach the motherboard.

Quote:
There should be an 8-pin extension that comes with the 800D case. You can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if they can provide you with an additional one.
No 8-pin extension cable for me in the 800D case. I did send you an e-mail regarding the 8 pin cables, as previously mentioned in this thread. Did i do anything wrong here?

Old 10-05-2010, 03:49 AM

POST ID # = 469759

Update 10/05/2010.

I can see that 09/27/2010. I send an e-mail to https://corsair.secure.force.com as i was advised by RAM_GUY to do. I have not received a response from that e-mail, as i just double checked my e-mail today. There have been no mail with the cables either. Maybe i should just buy them myself?

Old 10-05-2010, 03:53 AM

POST ID # = 469760

I have today forwarded the original e-mail to https://corsair.secure.force.com to see if at least he will come up with a response. If not, i will just buy the NZXT 8-pin cables myself. Will let this thread run until tomorrow.

Last edited by Ultimatium; 10-05-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
h+
FlawlessSoul's PC Specs

POST ID # = 469832
FlawlessSoul Reputation: 10

I noticed that the EPS12V extension that comes with the 700D/800D is a daisy-chain cable - you plug in one EPS12V, and it chains to an 8pin and a seperate 4pin.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 469841
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
I have today forwarded the original e-mail to https://corsair.secure.force.com to see if at least he will come up with a response. If not, i will just buy the NZXT 8-pin cables myself. Will let this thread run until tomorrow.
Ultimatium, I received your email and have forwarded it to our CS group and asked them to contact you regarding the status of the cables. If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours please let me know.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:33 PM

POST ID # = 469867

Quote:
Ultimatium, I received your email and have forwarded it to our CS group and asked them to contact you regarding the status of the cables. If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours please let me know.
Ok mate, i am glad to hear that you have received my e-mail, and i thank you for the quick response. I am looking forward to hear from CS about the status of the 8 pin cables.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 PM
retiredSFer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 469952
retiredSFer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Yes, that is the correct cable. Also, the included cable is packed inside the box with all of the MOBO screws and accessories. If you did not get one, CS will be happy to send you one.
I just received a modified Obsidian 800D case and the ATX 12v CPU cable extension is in the box inside the case. Unfortunately, it is still too short. For proper cable management, can I connect two NZXT CB-8P 8-Pin Motherboard Power Extension together before connecting to the mobo ATX 12v connection?

Roger
North Las Vegas

Last edited by retiredSFer; 10-05-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 AM

POST ID # = 469997

I have today received an e-mail from Corsair, saying that the cables will be shipped out today, awesome

Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM

POST ID # = 470013

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredSFer View Post
I just received a modified Obsidian 800D case and the ATX 12v CPU cable extension is in the box inside the case. Unfortunately, it is still too short. For proper cable management, can I connect two NZXT CB-8P 8-Pin Motherboard Power Extension together before connecting to the mobo ATX 12v connection?

Roger
North Las Vegas
Do you mean that the ATX 12v CPU extension cables are too short? we are talking a short distance here in my case, do you think that the extension cables are too short when doing cable management? I have the AX1200 and 800D.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
retiredSFer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470083

Quote:
Do you mean that the ATX 12v CPU extension cables are too short? we are talking a short distance here in my case, do you think that the extension cables are too short when doing cable management? I have the AX1200 and 800D.
Yes, the ATX 12v CPU extension cable is still too short for my cable management. I have a modified 800D case with a slightly oversize Gigabyte X58A-UD9 mobo. I can route the ATX 12v CPU cable over the mobo to the connector or around the mobo blocking the PCI expansion slots. With the cable management I am using, I need another 12 inches. My mobo tray has been modified to accept my UD9 board, so I have to go up and around the board then down to the ATX 12v connector.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM

POST ID # = 470101

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredSFer View Post
Yes, the ATX 12v CPU extension cable is still too short for my cable management. I have a modified 800D case with a slightly oversize Gigabyte X58A-UD9 mobo. I can route the ATX 12v CPU cable over the mobo to the connector or around the mobo blocking the PCI expansion slots. With the cable management I am using, I need another 12 inches. My mobo tray has been modified to accept my UD9 board, so I have to go up and around the board then down to the ATX 12v connector.
Damn, maybe Corsair should had made those 12v CPU extension cables a bit longer just in case, to make sure they will fit. Anyways, i will test the ext. cables when i receive them and report back to see if they are long enough. In case they are not, there is always the NZXT option. But i am going to Corsair first, no need to spend additional money on new cables, if the 12v CPU extension cables works for me. Thanks for the input though.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:45 PM
retiredSFer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470153

Quote:
Damn, maybe Corsair should had made those 12v CPU extension cables a bit longer just in case, to make sure they will fit. Anyways, i will test the ext. cables when i receive them and report back to see if they are long enough. In case they are not, there is always the NZXT option. But i am going to Corsair first, no need to spend additional money on new cables, if the 12v CPU extension cables works for me. Thanks for the input though.
From an earlier post, am I to understand that the NZXT ATX 12v CPU extension cable will connect to the Corsair ATX 12v cable? If so, I can get them locally. I do know that aftermarket cables will not connect to a Corsair PSU. Corsair should offer longer extension cables for their large cases or recommend a source. If I didn't care about cable management, I'd have cables crossing over everything. As it is now, all cables are out of sight except for the ATX 12v CPU cable.