The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 584 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM
nunoist's PC Specs

POST ID # = 555100
nunoist Reputation: 10
Default CX500 beep noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdannyxx View Post
I got an AX1200 when it first came out and it was making the usual noise they all seem to make
( i say this because from the time it was released i saw multiple threads on the issue so i'd imagine its nothing new but im suprised their is no fix )

, i got it replaced with another brand new one and that one also made the noise so i said whatever and it went away now almost a year later the noise is back and its driving me insane, i haven't upgraded/installed/changed anything, it just came out of the blue and it wont go away, doesn't matter if the computer is under load or not
I have a CX500 and i have "that" exact sound, an electrical sound coming from inside the PSU, even when the PC is off!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Gns's PC Specs

POST ID # = 559720
Gns Reputation: 10

Hello
i have a tx850 power supply which i bought it about 3 years ago, from the first day there was a problem with one of the sata lines not working. I didn't sent a rma request since i never had to use this line. Recently i notice a loud noise from the psu which after testing i assume its coming from the fan bearings. Before i sent a request for a replacement i would like to know if corsair can sent a replacement before i sent my faulty psu since i dont have a spare psu and i need my pc for work.
thanks

Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Gns's PC Specs

POST ID # = 560768
Gns Reputation: 10

anybody knows something about my question?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 564183
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Yes please use the link on the left and request an RMA then once you have the RMA conformation then contact our customer service by phone and ask for an ADVANCED RMA.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Workhorse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570273
Workhorse Reputation: 10
Unhappy AX 750 Coil Whining? Need help, since working at night

First of all, hello and thanks for the very useful forum and the bunch of help I was able to appreciate in the past.
I have the following concern, and yes, I have already read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
If you believe that your PSU is louder than it should be there are a few things you should check before assuming that the PSU is faulty.
My problem is, I work at nights and I edit Videomaterial on a workstation I built myself. I am pretty satisfied with the Vengeance memory I have inside and the AX750 seems to be awesome as well. BUT, when working for more than a half an hour, the AX750 starts to whine in a very high pitch. It is loud enough for me to hear it even during the day. Working at nights, though, it becomes a headache.

You can see my system specs in the profile. Every energy-saving option I could find in BIOS and windows is off. I already switched to the new AX750, because my old PSU would do scratching noises, in synch with the system drive.

One more technical concern I have is, that whenever the monitor is shut down by the system (only energy-saving I have left untouched), right after waking it up, the computer freezes. All the tasks are still in tact, but the mouse and the keyboard will not function anymore.

I am thinking, that this also might be a technical concern, and that I just have had the bad luck to pick the black sheep off the shelf.

Now to my questions:
How to proceed (?), since I am in France, and I don't know the french return/guarantee policies at all. I bought the device in order to finish editing a film with a very close due date.

Second question: Since I cannot just stop working on my films, which are my only income, how can I get replacement (if applicable) before my unit has been thoroughly checked?

I would'nt want to go back to my old PSU and risk a total system crash, but cannot afford to not work on the only workstation I have at hand.

Please help, even if it means telling me what to do here, in order to stop the coil whining and freezing.

Thank you very much.

Workhorse

Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Daniel Echizen
echizen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570459
echizen Reputation: 10

just to add some note.. i had the noise problem too with my ax750w, but after i changed the corsair power cable by another with 12awg.. problem solved, 2 days now.. no buzzing

Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Workhorse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570637
Sad

Well,
I have some updates. The 12awg workaround didn't do much for me.
But I identified the high pitch noise coming from BEHIND the PSU, it's my hard drive that seems to be whining (I actually took it out with my ears tucked on it to be positive).
The last thing, that DOES bother me however, since it is audible as well and almost at the same pitch as my hard drive whining:
Once the computer is shut down, there is still a very audible, high pitch whining coming from the PSU. Since it can't be anything else, but the PSU (everything else is off, right), I would like to know, what it could be, and what I can do to make it stop.
If any of you had a cell phone, of which the power brick would do high pitch noises while charging, you know what I mean. Once I TURN OFF the PSU, the whining goes up in volume and pitch and then retires fully.
HELP please, this is so frustrating. It's not even a month, that I own this PSU...

By the way: Thanks Echizen!

Last edited by Workhorse; 04-04-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Grammar and thank yous...

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Daniel Echizen
echizen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workhorse View Post
Well,
I have some updates. The 12awg workaround didn't do much for me.
But I identified the high pitch noise coming from BEHIND the PSU, it's my hard drive that seems to be whining (I actually took it out with my ears tucked on it to be positive).
The last thing, that DOES bother me however, since it is audible as well and almost at the same pitch as my hard drive whining:
Once the computer is shut down, there is still a very audible, high pitch whining coming from the PSU. Since it can't be anything else, but the PSU (everything else is off, right), I would like to know, what it could be, and what I can do to make it stop.
If any of you had a cell phone, of which the power brick would do high pitch noises while charging, you know what I mean. Once I TURN OFF the PSU, the whining goes up in volume and pitch and then retires fully.
HELP please, this is so frustrating. It's not even a month, that I own this PSU...

By the way: Thanks Echizen!
request an RMA then once you have the RMA conformation then contact corsair customer service by phone and ask for an ADVANCED RMA, you'll need a credit card, but will receive the new psu before sending the faulty one..
I recommend you to check your power line too before requesting a RMA.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Teakilla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 570817
Teakilla Reputation: 10

For people who aren't sure what causing the PSU noise if it's either coil or fan. Try sticking a plastic in the PSU fan just to stop it from spinning before turning on your PC. Once pc is loaded if the noise it was making is not present then it's obviously the fan. Then remove the stopper. The noise will be back if its a faulty fan.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Workhorse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 571044

Just some updates:
I will request an RMA in a second (First I needed to find the receipt of the PSU, then uneplug it and all...)
Just for anyone else out there, who is having similar problems: This is what the PSU sounds like, when computer is OFF.

http://tashakkori.de/Faultysound.m4a

Here I plugged it into and had the same problems, so eventhough I'm not an electrician, I'd say it's the cleanest powerline I can find, still no improvement.

http://tashakkori.de/Powerline.JPG

One last question: If my AX750 is faulty, and I got the replacement one through RMA, do I get to keep the replacement one or do I send it back in (wouldn't make much sense, right?) I'm just asking, since I don't know what the replacement PSU will be like...

Anyway, requesting RMA now and keeping you up to date. Thanks a lot and happy easter.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Daniel Echizen
echizen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 572206

my case still waiting for a RMA number..
case number 2809455

Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
garnicholson's PC Specs

POST ID # = 577207
garnicholson Reputation: 10
Default TX750M whine - me too.

Hello, just recently built this system, my first, to specs shown on my "PC Specs". Have to say I am delighted with it in all respects except for a high frequency whine emanating from the PSU.

EDIT / UPDATE

Fixed. It was the C1E setting in BIOS which I had previously not managed to locate. For those reading this who also have the ASUS UEFI BIOS, here is where you find the setting (in the version I have at least):

BIOS>
Advanced Mode>
Advanced Tab>
CPU COnfiguration>
C1E DISABLE

Last edited by garnicholson; 05-13-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Problem fixed

Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM

POST ID # = 611034
paolo9876 Reputation: 10

So I bought a new Corsair PSU.

It's a TX-650M.

And it's also making noise, here's the weird part, it does so immediately UPON being plugged in to an outlet.

The computer isn't turned on yet, it's just plugged in, ready for that power button to be pressed.

The high pitched noise is a continuous one, it goes away (or maybe neutralized) when the computer is powered on. The sound isn't really "noisy", it isn't even Youtube worthy, you have to put your ear very close to the unit to hear it.

So, is this normal or is it something I should be worried about?0

Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 AM
ReconShark's PC Specs

POST ID # = 618689
ReconShark Reputation: 10

Time to time my PSU(HX850 v2) get very noisy for 4-5 seconds.
This happens without any load. I disable C1E and EIST but it did not help. I contacted tech support, they offered send it PSU for replacement, but to send PSU in Hong Kong, I must pay $ 100 for shipping.
What do I do now?
Sorry for my bad english.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:25 AM
kmetek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 619978
kmetek Reputation: 10

Hi, I'm new here.

TX-650M here and it's noisy....tried disabling C1E and EIST....couldn't found ERP in my BIOS.

ASROCK Z68E4G3 mobo.

Closed Thread