The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:39 PM
SacredSoldier's PC Specs

POST ID # = 451647
SacredSoldier Reputation: 10
Default Same

You guys, I have LITERALLY WASTED over 100 dollars on shipping costs sending in Corsair Dominators and here i stumbled onto this thread. I have precisely the exact same problems. And i have a tx950 and a asus p6t deluxe v2... i swear, i have probably aged 5 years in the past 2 months. I dont have enough time in the day to scour the threads as i work 10 hour shifts and commute an hour both ways. i have literally tried replacing everything. and i mean EVERYTHING, the lost thing i was thinking is "it cant be my PSU, thats a corsair! its rock solid." low and behold, here it is. i cant believe this, i have gotten past install but have had freezing constantly with hard resetting only working. i cant tell you how relieved i am to find out, it wasnt me. constantly trying to work out in your mind what your missing, or what your messing up is a miserable experiance.

Just talked to Jake at tech support, and he confirmed this thread. Bout to request my RMA now.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 AM

POST ID # = 451812
fomare Reputation: 10

the same problem!!! p6t deluxe v2 + corsair tx950!!! And I think the PSU may have damaged the motherboard!!! I tried following:

1º changing in the shop the PSU to another manufacturer PSU, and it didn't work
2º changing in the shop a new same MB with the another PSU, and it work fine.
3º So i thought that the problem was the MB, and I got a new MB, went to my house, and mounted with the TX950, and now I have the same problems!!!

I don't have another PSU to try, but I fear the worst...

Old 05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
SacredSoldier's PC Specs

POST ID # = 451892
SacredSoldier Reputation: 10
Default that sucks

i almost did the same thing, mb is at asus right getting replaced.... and i would have hooked back up to the 950 had i not stumbled onto this thread. Still waiting to hear back from Ramguy, or RMA support about my replacement options. i really dont feel that great about getting a revised 950 back, id really like to change it for something else. I would think Corsair would pretty much understand, seeing as how this combo, has compelled unknowingly me, and many others with the same combo to spend a lot of unncecessary money on RMAing almost every component in the rigs with this mb/psu combo.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM
azaharov's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454158
azaharov Reputation: 10
Default Windows 7 boot hangs on Starting Windows Logo

Yes, and I have the same problem too (((

ASUS P6T SE (RTL) + Corsair CMPSU-950TXEU = Windows 7 boot hangs on Starting Windows (Screen with Logo). Reboot windows 7 is normal. With old PSU Windows booted normal.

After turn-on computer I have to wait about 30 min while Corsair 950 PSU "is burned" and windows 7 booted.

I read this topic and I think that I must buy new PSU not Corsair brend...

Old 06-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454181
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaharov View Post
Yes, and I have the same problem too (((

ASUS P6T SE (RTL) + Corsair CMPSU-950TXEU = Windows 7 boot hangs on Starting Windows (Screen with Logo). Reboot windows 7 is normal. With old PSU Windows booted normal.

After turn-on computer I have to wait about 30 min while Corsair 950 PSU "is burned" and windows 7 booted.

I read this topic and I think that I must buy new PSU not Corsair brend...
You need to re-read the thread. In short:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
There was nothing wrong with our PSU or the Asus motherboards. It was a component variance issue. A certain component used on certain Asus motherboards did not play nicely with a component we used in the TX950. It was rare to have the issue, but when you are selling thousands of these units a month you are bound to see a few people here and there than ran into a problem. At this point the issues have been resolved on both ends and we have not seen anyone run into this problem in quite a few weeks. If anyone DOES run into this problem, then it can be resolved by either doing an RMA on the motherboard or the PSU, and we will be happy to replace any PSU that could be causing these issues or any other issue for that matter.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 AM
azaharov's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454535
Default Windows 7 boot hangs on Starting Windows Logo

I buy the PSU in April, 25 and all time I think that this strange problem was caused by Windows 7.
RMA... How much transfer PSU between Russia and Corsair RMA...
New PSU may be more inexpensive and faster.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454539

You'd RMA it to their depot in NL.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group

Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 AM
azaharov's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454540

What is the RMA address in the Netherlands?

I create the Case in RMA and I receive message with the only 1 address for return:

Attn: RMA Department
Corsair Inc. 46221 Landing Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company/contact

Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 AM

POST ID # = 454543
hmz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Jimster,
The information is there just not all in one thread.
However, there was some problems reported between some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and until the issue was isolated and a solution was found we offered anyone who had a problem to switch to an 850HX or 1000HX as a convenience. ASUS and Corsair worked to find and solve the issue. ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue. If you have that issue just get an RMA and the PSU can be replaced with a new 950TX that will no longer have that issue. However, all PSU's in the channel should be current production units and should not have that problem.
hmm, I havent been able to find anything on the ASUS forum.

So the the fixes ASUS has made, are those fixes which solves other suppliers PSU's also? Or is it for Corsair PSU tx950 only?

I mean, I have had 20+ asus products, and never had any issues, and would have assumed ASUS have their "power" things on MB's sorted for a long time.

Whatever the issue(s) is/are, Are they all solved in the HX/AX series, or do one run the risk again?

I am planning on ASUS Rampage Extreme III, and either AX850 or AX1200.
Will the be any issue, assuming both product non faulty?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 454579
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmz View Post
hmm, I havent been able to find anything on the ASUS forum.

So the the fixes ASUS has made, are those fixes which solves other suppliers PSU's also? Or is it for Corsair PSU tx950 only?

I mean, I have had 20+ asus products, and never had any issues, and would have assumed ASUS have their "power" things on MB's sorted for a long time.

Whatever the issue(s) is/are, Are they all solved in the HX/AX series, or do one run the risk again?

I am planning on ASUS Rampage Extreme III, and either AX850 or AX1200.
Will the be any issue, assuming both product non faulty?
At this point there are no problems that I am aware of with either Asus motherboards, or Corsairs PSUs, or using them together.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM
ozzye106's PC Specs

POST ID # = 460296
ozzye106 Reputation: 10

Hi,

Just bought an Asus P5Q-DELUXE and a corsair TX950W power supply (UK version) the problem i'm having is about the same as everyones else here. Windows 7 x64 installion keeps freezing so i started to trouble shooting found out the Asus p5q only freezes when i use the corsair TX950W power supply tried my brother power supply which is an xfx 850w one board seems to work fine with it so the problem is with the TX950W can someone from corsair help me out with this matter.

Thanks
ozzye106

Old 08-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 460324

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzye106 View Post
Hi,

Just bought an Asus P5Q-DELUXE and a corsair TX950W power supply (UK version) the problem i'm having is about the same as everyones else here. Windows 7 x64 installion keeps freezing so i started to trouble shooting found out the Asus p5q only freezes when i use the corsair TX950W power supply tried my brother power supply which is an xfx 850w one board seems to work fine with it so the problem is with the TX950W can someone from corsair help me out with this matter.
6 posts up:

Quote:
There was nothing wrong with our PSU or the Asus motherboards. It was a component variance issue. A certain component used on certain Asus motherboards did not play nicely with a component we used in the TX950. It was rare to have the issue, but when you are selling thousands of these units a month you are bound to see a few people here and there than ran into a problem. At this point the issues have been resolved on both ends and we have not seen anyone run into this problem in quite a few weeks. If anyone DOES run into this problem, then it can be resolved by either doing an RMA on the motherboard or the PSU, and we will be happy to replace any PSU that could be causing these issues or any other issue for that matter.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Titanium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 467623
Titanium Reputation: 10
Default TX950W & Asus P5Q-E mobo

the power supply is also incompatible with my motherboard, i have emailed you RAM GUY, with the details of my RMA, and i hope to be able to get a HX850 or AX850 replacement.

thanks for your time and everyone's posts in this thread!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 467624

Please re-read the thread (not to mention the post above yours!). RMA the PSU and you'll be good to go with the same model.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Titanium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 467754
Titanium Reputation: 10
Default TX950W and P5Q-E

hey guys, i dont believe the same model will work for me at all.

i got a TX950w PSU and was causing my machine to freeze during anything graphical, i assumed it was a faulty unit, and i had it sent back through Umart and got a new one. the replacement did the same thing, once again i had it sent back to umart. 2nd replacement i got them to test infront of me, using their test rig which had a 470GTX or somehting. So when i got home with TX950w(#3) tried with my rig and still froze with anything graphical (games, screensaver, any graphical benchmark program) so i thought hmm maybe its incompatible? put my 650W coolmaster in my new rig (3.2ghz quad + 5870 + Asus P5q-e) and the TX950w in my old rig (2.93ghz core2 + 7800GS + asrock mobo) and both worked fine playing games, such as left4dead2, Tom Clancys Vegas 2, COD4.