The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017, 12:57 PM
rongtw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 913985
rongtw Reputation: 10

My M65 RGB pro is a great mouse , pity its let down by crap software

Old 07-30-2017, 01:27 PM

POST ID # = 913992
hunter_hass20 Reputation: 10
Default Cue Problem

I had cue 2 downloaded for some time now. Now today after the update I can no longer download profiles through the cue software. I Now can only download and import them manually. Is any one else having this problem?

Old 08-03-2017, 04:45 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 914477
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_hass20 View Post
I had cue 2 downloaded for some time now. Now today after the update I can no longer download profiles through the cue software. I Now can only download and import them manually. Is any one else having this problem?
Try hard exiting out of CUE through the task bar. and then relaunching CUE.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 08-03-2017, 09:14 PM

POST ID # = 914538
northweststi Reputation: 10

the new update broke my void wireless 7.1 surround. doesn't work at all and now my sound is VERY low.

I've restarted multiple times and re-installed cue2.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:33 AM
SumAussieCobber's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914553
SumAussieCobber Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by northweststi View Post
the new update broke my void wireless 7.1 surround. doesn't work at all and now my sound is VERY low.

I've restarted multiple times and re-installed cue2.
Mate do a system restore before you installed new CUE and should solve the issue is what i had to do

Old 08-04-2017, 04:44 AM
Arokhantos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914561
Arokhantos Reputation: 10

Why not add feature to allow set when the mic opens ? like a treshold, so my keyboard sound does not get picked up and only when i am talking ?

Old 08-04-2017, 01:37 PM

POST ID # = 914607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arokhantos View Post
Why not add feature to allow set when the mic opens ? like a treshold, so my keyboard sound does not get picked up and only when i am talking ?
Welcome to corsair hope you enjoy your stay

Old 08-05-2017, 01:22 AM

POST ID # = 914649
~Daniel~ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Daniel~ View Post
My issue with this version of CUE (might have poked it's head up in the last version) is that my VOID USB headset gets red-flagged by CUE (malfunction), yet the headset continues to work perfectly. Replugging the headset clears the malfunction, but doesn't seem to be necessary... false negative of CUE or maybe my headset is on its way to a warranty replacement?
A recent Win10 CU update seems to have resolved this issue... so I suspect it was a previous Win10 Update that caused it in the first place.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:46 AM
JustAnothername's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914930
JustAnothername Reputation: 10

Not happy with this update myself. Found it so bad after using Corsair products for easily 10+ Years I created a stupid forum account to leave this message.

I have your Scimitar Pro RGB (2 keyboard, many computer parts as well) which I got to replace my Naga Razer Epic. I found it odd when I plugged it in the mouse didn't just work as number keys off the bat. Shortly I guessed I would have to have the dreaded CUE installed again (ofc I did/do). The CUE software was removed a while ago since it was so bad with the keyboards I gave up trying to use them both and just bought a DAS keyboard and I am almost to the point of going back to a naga mouse.

My reason being is everything was mostly working and I didn't have to exit the program/running .exe all the time just on a very rare occasion. I guess this is really my fault. I should have known better than to update when I got the notification.

NOW....I have to keep exiting the CUE software go find the wayward still running exe since even right click quit on the CUE systray only closes the systray app about 99% of the time and not the running background process.

So off to task manager I go. Now to find and kill that process. Oh ya wait that is right I was in THE MIDDLE of something, I really should not be ALT+TABing out to try and fix at the time. Yep

Oh what is it doing that I have to this 10-20 + times thru the day. I don't know nothing different than I was doing before I only have 2 profiles set that get applied when it switches to those programs. When I go back to windows or even randomly between the programs the mouse just freaks out. Profiles change on pressing the right click, pressing a number does a ctrl alt del, all sorts of crazy things and randomly different each time.. (Someone call me a mouse buster).

Off to hope I can find the last version I was running. Thanks for nothing. I won't be continuing to use your products going forward nor will I even recommend them.

My only suggestions are. Allow your stuff to mostly work with out CUE. Stop relying on it so heavily go back to your basics. Macros, LEDs, are nice but please make sure basic features work like devices not just freaking out because of your software.

<edit>
Happened again right after I finished this post up. So that time the mouse works for a entire 1hr 3min.

Don't bother with the pm or reply. Hooked up a temp wired mouse.

If you had any interest in how solid the mouse is. Not very. Only took one smash on the ground to shatter into a ton a broken pieces. Much happier now.

New (not a Corsair) mouse on the way. Have to love Amazon 2 hour delivery. /wave wish everyone good luck with CUE.

Last edited by JustAnothername; 08-07-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:57 PM
mcitp2k10's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915741
mcitp2k10 Reputation: 10

My corsair gear is less than a year old. I already replaced my keyboard and mice. My void is next. 450$+ to the trash can !

I removed CUE from my PC and now my mic work, but guess what.... I have no sound !! I need to use my monitor speakers, make sens right !

Old 08-11-2017, 02:48 PM
r3v3nant's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915750
r3v3nant Reputation: 10

I am having issues with Cue not finding my K70 LUX RGB after this update. Le Sigh! I spent a couple hours trying different USB ports and rebooting many many times.. I can only get it to see my LUX if I replug the kb (not pass-thru) usb port while Cue is freshly started. So my stuff works but only if I fiddle with it more than I should have to. This is on a system that is not listed in my system profile. It's a core i5 6600k on a MSI Z170a Gaming 7 motherboard with the latest bios update running Windows 10 x64 with Creators update. Some corsair ddr4 using a USB DAC for audio (JDS Labs Element) some m.2 ssds for storage.. Nothing too exotic here except for the USB DAC.. My LUX is running firmware v1.05 and I did do a soft reset on it multiple times. Hold ESC while plugging it in and holding for 10 seconds, seeing the "blink" when I let go. So if I reboot I have to do this dance again where I unplug and re-plug the LUX while Cue is open and then it sees the kb.

edit: I want to say that I do put up with these glitches because I love the hardware, it's undeniably awesome. The software is too when it works. :)

edit2: I forced another firmware update of v1.05 just for grins (overwriting v1.05 with v1.05 basically) and now the kb seems to be detected by cue after a reboot.. So fingers crossed that fixed it.

Last edited by r3v3nant; 08-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:18 AM

POST ID # = 915986
Ronnyjoz Reputation: 10

Cue 2.15 refuses to install on my system at all.

Capture.PNG

msi.log (note: username changed to protect the innocent)

I'm still running v1.11.86 and if I check for updates from within the UI it tells me I have the latest version. This tells me my Cue stopped auto-updating nearly two years ago

The above image and log resulted from downloading a new .msi for 2.15.83

I can still install 1.11 btw. That's how I found this out: I had it temporarily uninstalled, and decided to downoad the latest version when I put it back on.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:21 AM

POST ID # = 917089
Noxsa Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnyjoz View Post
Cue 2.15 refuses to install on my system at all.

Attachment 30670

Attachment 30672 (note: username changed to protect the innocent)

I'm still running v1.11.86 and if I check for updates from within the UI it tells me I have the latest version. This tells me my Cue stopped auto-updating nearly two years ago

The above image and log resulted from downloading a new .msi for 2.15.83

I can still install 1.11 btw. That's how I found this out: I had it temporarily uninstalled, and decided to downoad the latest version when I put it back on.
your so lucky, that cue won't install! its a mess and will poop-up the rest of your computer, oh and the new update don't work either, same error's as before.... i strongly thinking on smashing this keyboard and buy a new "none corsair" one, i'm not even thinking on returning this crap! i just want to smash it for some reason. can someone ****ing tell me what error [1] means anyways? and no other info on the error box just "error [1]" and install fails.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 917172
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

CUE 2.16 is now live, I think.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:18 PM

POST ID # = 917199

Do they even test this ****? I had to do a system restore and install 2.14.67 to get anything to work again.. none of my profiles work still but atleast i can use macro's now.. I really like the product but the software is absolute garbage!!!