The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Exploderizer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893443
Exploderizer Reputation: 10
Default Activate effect only when button is held down?

As the title says. I play Warframe, where a button (5, in this instance) has different effects when tapped and held down. I want to make it so that a ripple effect comes from the key only when it is held down for a second, and I don't want it to activate when I simply tap it. Is there any way that this is possible? I can't figure it out.
I also want the effect to activate only when I press 5, but the ripple to go throughout the entire keyboard. As it is, for the effect to be visible throughout the whole keyboard, it needs to be set to activate when any key is pressed. What do I do, some tricks with macros?

Last edited by Exploderizer; 03-01-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:16 AM

POST ID # = 893505
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

I don't believe it would be possible as the options to start an effect is on key press and not delayed.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 893724
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploderizer View Post
As the title says. I play Warframe, where a button (5, in this instance) has different effects when tapped and held down. I want to make it so that a ripple effect comes from the key only when it is held down for a second, and I don't want it to activate when I simply tap it. Is there any way that this is possible? I can't figure it out.
I also want the effect to activate only when I press 5, but the ripple to go throughout the entire keyboard. As it is, for the effect to be visible throughout the whole keyboard, it needs to be set to activate when any key is pressed. What do I do, some tricks with macros?
Both things you want are possible; an easy way for the first is to start an event that you hand-animate your ripple to start only after a second on key press, and on key release negates that. For the second, you create the hand-animated frames and do not have them enabled, but called explicitly, so that the lighting does not occur on the keys that light up, only on the key that triggers the lighting.