The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2016, 05:18 PM
benibene12's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880296
benibene12 Reputation: 10
Default CUE 2 has detected an error during software update check

I use the latest Cue software v. 2.6.79. Whenever I try to search for updates I get the error saying: CUE 2 has detected an error during software update check. I can't even update my Keyboard firmware now (Currently 2.04, would like to update to 2.05). Is there a fix for this?
Attached Images
File Type: png problem.PNG (931.8 KB, 1276 views)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:39 PM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880301
terabyte Reputation: 44

That's normal, the update check has not been updated for CUE 2.x yet. It still checks for CUE 1.x. Corsair James made a post with more details somewhere in this forum.

As for the firmware update, you can still do that just fine. Click on that arrow that points to the bottom on the same line of the K70 LUX text, it will open up a new area to check for FW updates

Old 11-26-2016, 05:41 PM
benibene12's PC Specs

POST ID # = 880303
benibene12 Reputation: 10

oh my fault then, I am new to the corsair forums and corsair products.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:56 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 880308
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by benibene12 View Post
oh my fault then, I am new to the corsair forums and corsair products.
The official Unofficial CUE 2 Manual http://bit.do/CUE2M
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 11-29-2016, 09:04 AM
K70 Rapidfire + Void Wrls

POST ID # = 880623
abighairyspider Reputation: 10

That the "Check for update" button is there, but doesn't work irks my computer programmer brain. If there is no check for update system, then why put in the button? Why point the button at the wrong repository? It would be so simple to hide the button that doesn't work, but they don't. It would be silly to put in a button that opens a popup saying, "This doesn't work yet," but they essentially have done that only with the added confusion. Every time they release I wonder what could possibly be going on in their heads. That Update button would be one of the first things I would fix because it's an UPDATE BUTTON...

Old 11-29-2016, 08:54 PM

POST ID # = 880701
Riekopo Reputation: 4

Can't believe that still doesn't work.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 PM

POST ID # = 882342
ufgrat Reputation: 10

As a new user fighting CUE 2.x (I created a second profile, and now default has quit working), the fact that this is the default download option really, REALLY lowers my opinion of Corsair. It's obviously not ready for prime-time, but there's nothing on the download site that indicates it's a beta product.

Between that and the problems of getting the USB connection working with a KVM (and I understand that it's a pain unless you have DDM, but at least my two previous Logitech keyboards will work in basic mode through a KVM), I'm seriously wondering if I made the right choice in getting a Corsair keyboard.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:37 AM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882377

CUE 2 is not beta anymore since 2.4, thought they are still re-adding some missing features from CUE 1 even now.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:28 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 882442
Corsair James Reputation: 75

We will deploy CUE 2 as an update soon. Once that happens, this button will be enabled.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 12-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Frode789's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882747
Frode789 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We will deploy CUE 2 as an update soon. Once that happens, this button will be enabled.
Thank god. The update button not working is annoying.. How hard can it be to fix it.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:52 AM
jrichmond's PC Specs

POST ID # = 885512
jrichmond Reputation: 10
Thumbs down

Quote:
The problem is that the button IS enabled. It's available and clickable for the end user. However, instead of doing what it's supposed to do, the button causes the user to be confused by a vague error message, which forces them to either give up or waste their time searching the web for a solution... an incredibly simple solution that you already have!

Like @abighairyspider said, if there's no update system for the button to initiate, then simply hide the button until the feature exists! Unless this is pre-beta software (which it's not), there's no excuse for this kind of thing to be released, let alone continue to exist in several subsequent releases of the software.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:56 PM
rez720's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894188
rez720 Reputation: 10
Thumbs down Worst mouse firmware and software ever... of all time

I was excited when I found the M65 RGB at Microcenter, I've always like their flash drives and cases. I thought it would be another high quality product from a company I was becoming a fan of. But it was not to be.

When I got it home I spent 3 hours just try to make it work. At the suggestions of Corsair tech support I had to reflash firmware 7 times until the mouse began to work because of a known issue with the firmware.

A couple of weeks ago I got new rig up and running. I downloaded and installed the latest version of CUE and to my dismay I had to reprogram all my settings for my mouse as it turns out they aren't stored on the device like every other gaming mouse I've ever tried.

Then I noticed the "update" button and clicked it. I figured maybe it was just a typo in the code that would be fixed right away. Then I came here and learned that no, in fact some brain surgeon decided to intentionally include a broken update button in a stable release version. What kind of monster does that?!?!?!?!?!?

The bummer is that physically this is the best mouse I've ever owned, but it is ruined by the worst software and firmware ever, of all time.

I don't know what's worse; the incompetence of Corsair's software engineers or the management who refuses to hold them accountable to the skills they lied about on their resumes. I haven't and refuse to buy any further Corsair products until something is done about this mouse's abysmal software and firmware.

I hope President Trump deports the team at Corsair responsible for this childish fiasco.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:38 PM

POST ID # = 894529
Riekopo Reputation: 4

Quote:
What is your definition of soon? It's March already.

Old 03-10-2017, 02:00 PM
The Crazy Developer
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894609

My guess is that they are waiting for profile groups to be included in CUE (it kinda emulates modes). It was supposed to be available in CUE 2.9 (which was released in January 2017) but it got postponed to 2.10 and further postponed again to 2.11.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:40 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 894631
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
What is your definition of soon? It's March already.
Id like it soon but it seems not everyone wants to upgrade from 1.16 yet.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Closed Thread