The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2016, 09:52 PM
EdHart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874512
EdHart Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi all,
CUE shouldn't cause any bluescreens and we've never seen this symptom before. It's even more odd that an earlier version of CUE 2.X works but not 2.5 since the backend components have not changed (only fixes to UI issues).

In order for us to properly diagnose what could be wrong, we'll need event logs or a blue screen log to know what exactly caused the issue. Windows always saves these so once you can successfully boot back in, I'd appreciate it if you guys can share it.

As for a "boot loop", CUE isn't likely the cause of that since CUE doesn't affect any OS startup files. The only thing CUE installs is a driver (for the macro playback) and that doesn't impact whether Windows starts up successfully or not.
I'm not sure if this can help, do you guys need the log xml file? I'm not really familiar with event log, i found minidump file but couldn't find the other files.

Fault bucket AV_corsairvhiddriver!unknown_function, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 45f2507f-087c-407b-882a-01f3eecb73b9

Problem signature:
P1: a
P2: 60001
P3: 2
P4: 0
P5: fffff801e26b825a
P6: 10_0_14393
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100316-6531-01.dmp
\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-6875-0.sysdata.xml
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER67C2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_a_491edcbe77bb8bc477c641ee33aee88b1b4ca3_0 0000000_cab_1254a930

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 418ae6ab-0052-43b3-a7df-e4b0567a69a4
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket:

Last edited by EdHart; 10-06-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:46 AM

POST ID # = 874531
Tony Redgrave Reputation: 10

I just tried updating to CUE 2.5.66 and experienced this crash.
3 times in a row, attempted update crashed at 59% install, "blue-screened" multiple times in a row until win10 ran it's automatic repair and recovery.

Uninstalled CUE entirely now.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:55 AM
Setiri's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874534
Setiri Reputation: 10

Damnit, I'm getting the exact same thing but. Same IRQL error because it was halfway through installing the driver and now I'm having to reset as the automatic repair isn't working. Guys y'all need to pull that CUE version off the website ASAP.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:57 AM

POST ID # = 874535
Phredie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Hi all,

CUE shouldn't cause any bluescreens and we've never seen this symptom before. It's even more odd that an earlier version of CUE 2.X works but not 2.5 since the backend components have not changed (only fixes to UI issues).

In order for us to properly diagnose what could be wrong, we'll need event logs or a blue screen log to know what exactly caused the issue. Windows always saves these so once you can successfully boot back in, I'd appreciate it if you guys can share it.

As for a "boot loop", CUE isn't likely the cause of that since CUE doesn't affect any OS startup files. The only thing CUE installs is a driver (for the macro playback) and that doesn't impact whether Windows starts up successfully or not.
Also experiencing the BSOD bootloop.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:36 PM
EdHart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint314 View Post
... Uninstalling 2.4.x and then installing 2.5.x worked.
Do you mean if we install, let's say a clean 2.5.x install, it will work? In that case, removing all CUE2 related files, including registry, wouldn't kill me!

Old 10-07-2016, 01:45 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 874610
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Can you guys provide me your email through PM? I'll pass 2.6 (beta) to you guys to see if it resolves the issue.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 10-07-2016, 09:26 PM
EdHart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 874648

Quote:
Can you guys provide me your email through PM? I'll pass 2.6 (beta) to you guys to see if it resolves the issue.
Email sent.

Old 10-08-2016, 03:41 AM

POST ID # = 874666
Flint314 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHart View Post
Do you mean if we install, let's say a clean 2.5.x install, it will work? In that case, removing all CUE2 related files, including registry, wouldn't kill me!

Yes, that did work for me. I tried to "update" to 2.5x from 2.4x 3 times, every time it ended with bluescreens, a boot loop and having to reset windows to an earlier snapshot.
After I uninstalled 2.4x (nothing more, just uninstalled, didn´t go the extra mile with cleaning reg), installing 2.5 worked.

This is a serious bug and I would recommend pulling 2.5 NOW. If you have no snapshot of a previous, working Win 10, reinstalling will be the only option.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:31 PM

POST ID # = 875044
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Hey guys!

This is the oddest issue. We're going to see what we can do to make sure this doesn't happen anymore. If you can, please provide us with this information:

Please perform the following steps:

1. Recreate the crash.
2. Go to the Event Viewer within Windows (Start > run > eventvwr.msc)
3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column.

Please copy the text on the General Tab and send it to us so we can look into this issue.

We'll also want a copy of your system information. Here is the best way to obtain it:

To obtain the DXDIAG file:
1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).
2. Type "dxdiag", and select "OK".
3. At the bottom right, there will be a "Save All Information" button, select it.

This will create and save a text file named "DxDiag" onto your desktop with all your system configurations.

This is the quickest way to get us what we need to solve the problem for everybody. The System Restore shouldn't delete your error logs, so they should still be there from the first crash.

My guess is you can't open CUE after this issue because the computer thinks CUE is installed. You might want to use CCleaner to remove the Corsair registry files. Also, check to see if there are any files present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine, because this may also be causing conflicts with your system.

Finally, you will want to run SFC to ensure that this isn't an issue with a Windows file that has become corrupted over time. SFC is just a Windows program that checks your system files. It comes with your installation. Here is a guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Just to reiterate, we can't seem to replicate everyone's problem on our end, and we've been trying. With all of this information, we can really start work on getting this fixed for you. If you know of other users experiencing this problem, please have them post on this thread, and have them provide the information we have requested.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:18 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 875208
mpoffo Reputation: 17

Could this be the issue some have been experiencing?

http://www.computerworld.com/article...-how-long.html

Old 10-12-2016, 04:51 PM

POST ID # = 875213
DogIsGod Reputation: 10

Just wanted to say that I'm having the same issue. Installing the largest version of CUE causes a BSOD and a boot loop.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:39 PM

POST ID # = 875222

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
Could this be the issue some have been experiencing?

http://www.computerworld.com/article...-how-long.html
Maybe? Let's not make any assumptions. But, I suppose we should ask if any of you are Windows Beta users.

Again, if you are experiencing issues, we will need your system information, and the error report from the blue screen. Currently, this thread is one of the only places this error has been reported.

Please perform the following steps:

1. Recreate the crash.
2. Go to the Event Viewer within Windows (Start > run > eventvwr.msc)
3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column.

Please copy the text on the General Tab and send it to us so we can look into this issue.

We'll also want a copy of your system information. Here is the best way to obtain it:

To obtain the DXDIAG file:
1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).
3. At the bottom right, there will be a "Save All Information" button, select it.

This will create and save a text file named "DxDiag" onto your desktop with all your system configurations.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:51 PM
HajuZenar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 875324
HajuZenar Reputation: 10

Just bought my k95 and I tried installing CUE too. While installing the drivers it crashed + bsod leading into an boot - bsod loop and after a couple of restarts I could finaly recover to an backup. Same happend while downloading the drivers + cue for my m65.
Cant find any important crash logs though :/

Old 10-14-2016, 05:16 AM

POST ID # = 875367
comfortbetrays Reputation: 10

Good God. So I installed the new updated one and it caused the BSOD as mentioned in the thread. It continued to loop and I couldn't do a system restore. I went in and deleted in the drivers via command line, ran reg edit and deleted everything, and unplugged everything. I then deleted the corsair folder via command line, and still it continued to bluescreen, couldn't even get into safe mode. After three hours of trying to save my system I had to wipe.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 AM

POST ID # = 875388

Ok, guys?

Give me this:

If you don't give us any information regarding your system, it's going to take us that much longer to track down the issue. Feel free to just type in your specs if that's too much work, but the DXDiag gives us an error dump too.

If you really need to, use CUE 1.16 for this moment. The issue was never reported at that time, it should be stable for you.

Tags
boot loop, bsod, corsair cue, irql