The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Paul S's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776393
Paul S Reputation: 10

Youve got to hand it to corsair though, theyre the only hardware company i know of that do their damn best to resolve issues, well done guys!

Old 05-01-2015, 11:41 AM
eskaizer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776698
eskaizer Reputation: 10

Hi,

I am having problems with this CUE update as well. I noticed that whenever I open my computer, only my M65 RGB was being recognized by CUE, and have my K70 RGB on "Malfunction" status. The keyboard was in all red profile except for the wasd key, and arrow keys which were in white. (Didn't notice other keys if some of them are in white as well) This happened right after the update, and my first solution on getting it fixed was to open the CUE Setup and have it repair the status of my KB, but it's kinda annoying that I have to repeat the whole process everytime I open my PC. Then I tried to change the polling rate as it were advised to other users, but it too stop from working, so I switched back to the default polling rate. Next there are these random times when I clicked a letter/arrow key once then it goes nonstop.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:52 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776705
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskaizer View Post
Hi,

I am having problems with this CUE update as well. I noticed that whenever I open my computer, only my M65 RGB was being recognized by CUE, and have my K70 RGB on "Malfunction" status. The keyboard was in all red profile except for the wasd key, and arrow keys which were in white. (Didn't notice other keys if some of them are in white as well) This happened right after the update, and my first solution on getting it fixed was to open the CUE Setup and have it repair the status of my KB, but it's kinda annoying that I have to repeat the whole process everytime I open my PC. Then I tried to change the polling rate as it were advised to other users, but it too stop from working, so I switched back to the default polling rate. Next there are these random times when I clicked a letter/arrow key once then it goes nonstop.
First, is your system updated with the latest BIOS and chipset/USB drivers?

Second, what USB ports are you using? 2.0 or 3.0? Try vice versa after you've updated.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:29 PM
eskaizer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776850
eskaizer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
First, is your system updated with the latest BIOS and chipset/USB drivers?

Second, what USB ports are you using? 2.0 or 3.0? Try vice versa after you've updated.
System is updated so I tried switching to using USB 2.0 from 3.0
for now, it solved the issue with CUE not recognizing the KB properly, hope this fix holds. But for the part where one key press goes nonstop, I have yet to experience it again (comes out of nowhere from before) so I hope this was fixed as well. Will update if this comes up again. Thanks :)

Old 05-02-2015, 01:34 AM
Watje's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776874
Watje Reputation: 10
Default Problem after update Cue and new fw

I am using this: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134016
to switch between profiles with the menu key. Worked as a charm before the update, now it is not working anymore.
When I press Menu the lights flicker as if it switches the profile (almost all lights are off in the switched profile), but it directly switches back to the default/active profile.
Rebooted just in case, but no change.
When I change to the alternate profile manually it works, that profile becomes active and it works.
When I try to program the same functionality to another key with mode switching it also does not work, same effect, small flicker, then back to active profile.
Anyone any idea?
Win 7, usb 3 connected.

Last edited by Watje; 05-02-2015 at 01:41 AM. Reason: added programming another key

Old 05-02-2015, 04:58 AM

POST ID # = 776888
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Youve got to hand it to corsair though, theyre the only hardware company i know of that do their damn best to resolve issues, well done guys!
That's because you "forgot the rest".

Doing your damn best to resolve issues that you created in the first place, but not actually resolving them isn't really good enough.