The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2015, 05:40 PM

POST ID # = 775238
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
Some form of compensation is in order for this massive **** up.
I'd like to see Corsair create an RGB keyboard that performs as stated, with few bugs, and without the excuses by their marketing department and their fanboys.

I bought a K70 RGB, believing that the dying LED problem of the non-RGB models would be solved, and that it would be capable of fast and fluid 16.8 million colour animation. Over 6 months later we get the 16.8 million colours, but animation with flicker.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:54 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 775247
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffo View Post
A lot of videogames have an epilepsy warning.

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/...pilepsy-13765/
And more of them dont.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 04-25-2015, 06:18 PM

POST ID # = 775261

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
And more of them dont.
That would be "don't".

Anyway, what I stated is fact, and seems to be a sensible precaution by videogame publishers.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 PM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775297
remilton Reputation: 10

So Corsairs keyboard has some shortcomings; what product does not? It is still the most solid and featured KB on the market and with the most programmable software. In my humble opinion of course.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 PM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775312
ApexAU Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilton View Post
So Corsairs keyboard has some shortcomings; what product does not? It is still the most solid and featured KB on the market and with the most programmable software. In my humble opinion of course.
You're right about most products having shortcomings; there's always a trade off unless you're willing to spend a fortune on a product without compromises. The difference with Corsair's RGB keyboards is the severity of the problem and the impact is has on one of their main selling points. This transcends the minor annoyances usually seen in mainstream pc hardware and peripherals. It's a major product feature that's nowhere close to what was promised, without any realistic prospect of a solution.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:44 PM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775317

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAU View Post
You're right about most products having shortcomings; there's always a trade off unless you're willing to spend a fortune on a product without compromises. The difference with Corsair's RGB keyboards is the severity of the problem and the impact is has on one of their main selling points. This transcends the minor annoyances usually seen in mainstream pc hardware and peripherals. It's a major product feature that's nowhere close to what was promised, without any realistic prospect of a solution.
For sure it is a disappointment, but not a product breaker. It is only a small percentage of the overall package. The design and build of the KB is still stellar. And even though there is the problem with the smooth gradients, there are still many stunning combinations that can be achieved.
So the bottom line is it is still an excellent KB. The fix is in and all that can be done has been done. If you are unhappy with it on a personal level then you can get a refund from Corsair and or find a KB that is more to your liking or maybe wait for Corsair next product.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:07 AM

POST ID # = 775330
Slayman Reputation: 10

Any plans to fix the flickering soon? It's really driving me insane.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 AM

POST ID # = 775332
idlikemymoney3 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayman View Post
Any plans to fix the flickering soon? It's really driving me insane.
There are no plans at all. Return the keyboard to Corsair.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:13 AM

POST ID # = 775343
Kipz Reputation: 10

This is just shameful really. I can't believe there are no plans at all to try and fix the flickering. It proves that it is a physical limitation. You can apolagise on Corsairs behalf all you want but as a consumer in a free market I will be voting with my wallet and getting a refund. I refuse to reward Corsair with my loyalty when this "Fix" just isn't good enough at all.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:20 AM

POST ID # = 775356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipz View Post
This is just shameful really. I can't believe there are no plans at all to try and fix the flickering. It proves that it is a physical limitation. You can apolagise on Corsairs behalf all you want but as a consumer in a free market I will be voting with my wallet and getting a refund. I refuse to reward Corsair with my loyalty when this "Fix" just isn't good enough at all.
What's shameful is the way they didn't just admit earlier that they'd got a problem with the design of the electronics in these keyboards. Some of us suspected that they'd have trouble implementing the full colour range. I wasn't sure that they could even get 16.8 million colour animation to work, but they have, albeit with flickering. I mentioned a few times that they were still claiming the full colour range, months after it was discovered that only 512 colours were available. Eventually they changed the info on their website which still avoided mentioning 512, it just states "multi color". The explanation has often been "it will be able to produce 16.8m colours", but it's still misleading to potential customers.

Hopefully it'll be a lesson learned for Corsair. The marketing and financial departments need to make sure the technical department have got it right before doing their thing. If you release a product that falls short of expectations, it's not going to please too many customers, no matter how good you claim the product still is. And that's the real disappointing thing, these keyboards look and feel great to type on. The physical hardware is pretty good, but it seems we've paid for something that hasn't been delivered, and doesn't look like it will be.

There's obviously a demand for RGB mechanical keyboards, and some people will pay a premium for them. All it needs is for a manufacturer to get the key ingredients right - the physical design, the lighting and the software. They'll then probably gain a large share of the market, even if their keyboards cost a little more than their competitors. I think Corsair have got the physical design sorted, the software is OK, if a little complex for some users. The lighting could be sorted if they start looking at a redesign of the electronics. If it's financially viable, that's what they might well do. It may well be that all that's required is to use a more powerful controller. It might cost a more for the redesign and to purchase the silicon, but if it cures the flickering, I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 AM
remilton's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775357

No one is apologizing. Either this Keyboard suits your needs and expectations or it does not. If you find a better KB take your $$ there.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:24 PM

POST ID # = 775466

zheren, were you one of the beta testers for this update ?

Old 04-26-2015, 03:48 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775486
QuadraKev Reputation: 14

Quote:
zheren, were you one of the beta testers for this update ?
Yeah, he is/was.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:54 PM

POST ID # = 775488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Yeah, he is/was.
I thought so.

I'm wondering if he/she had anything to say to Corsair about the flickering, and what he/she thinks they should do now "the cat is out of the bag".

Old 04-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 775489
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
I thought so.

I'm wondering if he/she had anything to say to Corsair about the flickering, and what he/she thinks they should do now "the cat is out of the bag".
Keep in mind that the NDA is still in effect. Beta testers cannot talk about any privileged information.

Closed Thread