Corsair Community

Force GT 240 GB, is it reliable?

sblantipodi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SSD should be reliable as firmware 1.3.3 has fixed a lot of problems.

If you plan on getting it, Remember to plug it in the grey Intel SATA III 6GB/s port with a certified SATA III 6GB/s cable.

Note: Corsair Force 3 and Corsair Force GT are two different products.

The SSD should be reliable as firmware 1.3.3 has fixed a lot of problems.

If you plan on getting it, Remember to plug it in the grey Intel SATA III 6GB/s port with a certified SATA III 6GB/s cable.

Note: Corsair Force 3 and Corsair Force GT are two different products.

is there a certified SATA III cable? are you sure?

• 2 weeks later...

Will this answer you question?

http://www.sata-io.org/documents/SATA-6Gbs-Fast-Just-Got-Faster.pdf

The same cables and connectors used for current SATA implementations can be used to connect SATA 6Gb/s devices. [...] Cables already at the threshold of 3Gb/s operating margins may experience lower performance than expected at 6Gb/s due to an increased number of resends. The SATA Revision 3.0 spec addresses this issue by defining the Compliance Interconnect Channel (CIC). [...] Cable vendors will want to consider removing any question of quality by marking their packaging to explicitly state a product's 6Gb/s CIC compliance. Vendors can also have their cables added to the Integrators List on the SATA-IO web site. End-users, for their part, will want to consult the Integrators List – this list is available to the public – before buying new cabling.

Will this answer you question?

http://www.sata-io.org/documents/SATA-6Gbs-Fast-Just-Got-Faster.pdf

The same cables and connectors used for current SATA implementations can be used to connect SATA 6Gb/s devices. [...] Cables already at the threshold of 3Gb/s operating margins may experience lower performance than expected at 6Gb/s due to an increased number of resends. The SATA Revision 3.0 spec addresses this issue by defining the Compliance Interconnect Channel (CIC). [...] Cable vendors will want to consider removing any question of quality by marking their packaging to explicitly state a product's 6Gb/s CIC compliance. Vendors can also have their cables added to the Integrators List on the SATA-IO web site. End-users, for their part, will want to consult the Integrators List – this list is available to the public – before buying new cabling.

thanks for the answer.

You snipped out some important info:

The same cables and connectors used for current SATA implementations can be used to connect SATA 6Gb/s devices. SATA-IO recommends utilizing quality components to ensure data integrity and robust operation at the fast 6Gb/s transfer rate. Cables already at the threshold of 3Gb/s operating margins may experience lower performance than expected at 6Gb/s due to an increased number of resends.

The SATA Revision 3.0 spec addresses this issue by defining the Compliance Interconnect Channel (CIC). The CIC is outlined as a mathematical model of a compliant channel as well as an insertion/return loss plot defining the most extreme losses the system can sustain and still be compliant. Note that the CIC does not specify the components to be used in a system but rather the overall performance and quality the system must exhibit.

Cable vendors will want to consider removing any question of quality by marking their packaging to explicitly state a product's 6Gb/s CIC compliance. Vendors can also have their cables added to the Integrators List on the SATA-IO web site. End-users, for their part, will want to consult the Integrators List – this list is available to the public – before buying new cabling.

Can I use the red cable bundled with my Plextor optical drive?

how can I know if that cable is ok?

Yes, why not? Optical drives are not that fast, my DVD-ROM is connected to SATA2 port but works with SATA1 spec (1.5 Gb/s). I never saw my optical drive reading faster than 12 MB/s. I guess BD drives won't max out SATA1 spec as well.

Yes, why not? Optical drives are not that fast, my DVD-ROM is connected to SATA2 port but works with SATA1 spec (1.5 Gb/s). I never saw my optical drive reading faster than 12 MB/s. I guess BD drives won't max out SATA1 spec as well.

I'm asking if I can connect my force gt with the red cable bundled with my optical drive.

I'm asking if I can connect my force gt with the red cable bundled with my optical drive.

Ah, that explains it, I was wondering why you were asking about your optical drive... my mistake!

Well, I think you will need to try this. Since optical drives never reach SATA3 specs, there is a chance that this cable will not meet the needed quality. Didn't your mainboard vendor provided some SATA cables? Those cables should work.

Ah, that explains it, I was wondering why you were asking about your optical drive... my mistake!

Well, I think you will need to try this. Since optical drives never reach SATA3 specs, there is a chance that this cable will not meet the needed quality. Didn't your mainboard vendor provided some SATA cables? Those cables should work.

the problem is that I don't want to "redo" cable management.

I hoped that your answer could be more useful.

Well, what would be a more useful answer? There is no Force 3 GT, either Force 3 or Force GT.

from this site, the force GT is much faster than mine on 4K test,

why?

http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/corsair-force-gt-sata-3-240gb-ssd-review-this-gt-is-on-fire/2/

Is your SSD the system drive with OS installed on it?

Archived