The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 AM

POST ID # = 470169
Ultimatium Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Yes, that is the correct cable. Also, the included cable is packed inside the box with all of the MOBO screws and accessories. If you did not get one, CS will be happy to send you one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredSFer View Post
From an earlier post, am I to understand that the NZXT ATX 12v CPU extension cable will connect to the Corsair ATX 12v cable? If so, I can get them locally. I do know that aftermarket cables will not connect to a Corsair PSU. Corsair should offer longer extension cables for their large cases or recommend a source. If I didn't care about cable management, I'd have cables crossing over everything. As it is now, all cables are out of sight except for the ATX 12v CPU cable.
That is how i understand it as well. Same here, there are no cables to see, all cables are out of sight and routed neatly behind the case through the cable management system. My only complain is, that both of my 12v ATX cables for the CPU are nowhere near long enough to reach the PSU physically. Oh well, i hope the ext. cables that Corsair has send will get the job done. If not, i don't see any other options than the NZXT cables.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM
retiredSFer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470252
retiredSFer Reputation: 10

I finally called Corsair technical support and confirmed that the aftermarket NZXT cables are compatible with the Corsair ATX 12v CPU cable, but not direct to the Corsair PSU. The NZXT cables are cheap so I will purchase two.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:56 PM

POST ID # = 470277

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredSFer View Post
I finally called Corsair technical support and confirmed that the aftermarket NZXT cables are compatible with the Corsair ATX 12v CPU cable, but not direct to the Corsair PSU. The NZXT cables are cheap so I will purchase two.
Great, let me know how it works out. I am on the edge on buying those NZXT cables myself, as i haven't received any response,update or confirm that the cables has been dispatched. They should had arrived today.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:32 PM
retiredSFer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatium View Post
Great, let me know how it works out. I am on the edge on buying those NZXT cables myself, as i haven't received any response,update or confirm that the cables has been dispatched. They should had arrived today.
They are only $8.00 for a 9.84 inch NZXT extension cable. I will buy two.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:00 PM

POST ID # = 470500

Update.

I still haven't received any response from Corsair, no email confirming that the cables has been sent, neither ram_guy or Yellowbeard responds, not through email either. This seriously sucks...

I will order the NZXT cables tomorrow, unless i hear anything from Corsair.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 470501
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Ultimatium, I received your email and have forwarded it to our CS group and asked them to contact you regarding the status of the cables. If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours please let me know.

Quote:
Update.

I still haven't received any response from Corsair, no email confirming that the cables has been sent, neither ram_guy or Yellowbeard responds, not through email either. This seriously sucks...

I will order the NZXT cables tomorrow, unless i hear anything from Corsair.
Quote:
I have today received an e-mail from Corsair, saying that the cables will be shipped out today, awesome
I'm confused?

Old 10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 470502
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Normally a conformation is not send they will just send the cables to you. And the average time to get accessories is 10-15 days.
Please send an email again to Jackflash@corsairmemory.com and please be sure to include the product model number and your name address and phone number and CC it to Ramguy@corsairmemory.com and Put Att Ram Guy in the subject line.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM

POST ID # = 470503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
I'm confused?
Me too. I got an e-mail from Corsair saying that the cables has been send out but i haven't received anything, no e-mail response from Corsair either, no nothing ??

Last edited by Ultimatium; 10-08-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM

POST ID # = 470504

Quote:
Normally a conformation is not send they will just send the cables to you. And the average time to get accessories is 10-15 days.
Please send an email again to Jackflash@corsairmemory.com and please be sure to include the product model number and your name address and phone number and CC it to Ramguy@corsairmemory.com and Put Att Ram Guy in the subject line.
Ah well, that figures. 10-15 days of delivery time. Well i need the cables ASAP so will have to buy them from NZXT instead. I cannot wait 15 days. I'm sorry.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 470505
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Ultimatium, I received your email and have forwarded it to our CS group and asked them to contact you regarding the status of the cables. If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours please let me know.
Quote:
Me to. I got an e-mail from Corsair saying that the cables has been send out but i haven't received anything, no e-mail response from Corsair either, no nothing ??
RAM GUY responded to you on OCT 5th, see above. You posted on OCT 6th that you got an email stating that the cables will be shipped. Today is OCT 8th. Are you expecting the cables already? If the email stated they are going to ship, they will ship. I'm not sure what else you are asking for or why you are criticizing Tech Support for not sending you an email about this. CS has already responded to you.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:50 PM
retiredSFer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470640

Quote:
Ah well, that figures. 10-15 days of delivery time. Well i need the cables ASAP so will have to buy them from NZXT instead. I cannot wait 15 days. I'm sorry.
I was at Fry's this AM and they have the NZXT extension cables in stock. Same price as online, but with sales tax.