The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 362125
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

If you wanted to we could try replacing the unit for you, however I would suspect in most cases there is a glitch with the BIOS and the way it powers on the unit which is the cause of the issue, and there may not actually be a faulty component in the PSU.

At any rate, you can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Old 08-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Mo0rbid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 362334
Mo0rbid Reputation: 10

I live in Sweden so the shipment cost would surely be a lot and the computer runs just fine once it's powered on. I think I can live with it

My BIOS is a little weird because it doesn't reckognise my CPU model, could be the BIOS and not the PSU that's causing the problem like you're saying

Last edited by Mo0rbid; 08-16-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:33 PM

POST ID # = 377091
Vmo Reputation: 10

I have the same issue. A7N8X-E Deluxe NF2 chipset. I just replaced my PC Power and cooling PSU with a 520HX and now I have to push the power button twice. I cleared CMOS and I am running everything at stock settings. I also have the latest BIOS 1013. Everything seems normal after the computer starts. I also have 5 of these computers all with different PSU's (Only this one is using Corsair 520HX) and none have this issue. Do you have any other ideas or options?

Thanks.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 377344
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Our PSUs are backwards compatible to ATX12v 2.01 power specifications. Older motherboards which were designed to use an older spec, may function slightly differently when using a current PSU. Other than a BIOS update, there is not much which will change the way the system initially boots.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:55 PM
chrisaix's PC Specs

POST ID # = 377962
chrisaix Reputation: 10

good thing i found this thread, i think a common dominator here is Asus board, i have a P5Q mobo. my power supply HX620 is working flawlessly but since i replaced my ram from ddr2 6400c5 to ddr2 8500c5d, every time i turn on the power everything will fired up for a second and down for 3 seconds and then fired up back again. thats my only issue, after that my system is stable. im just worried that it my affect other components. have the latest bios and everything set to default and manually set the ram specifications thats all ive done, no OC.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM
JohnnyWong's PC Specs

POST ID # = 378084
JohnnyWong Reputation: 10

I have the difference problem before with my Thermaltake 500W module PSU, need to press and hold the power buttom till is boot up.

problem solved by changing the capacitors (some capacitors leaked)

Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM

POST ID # = 447005
scjr Reputation: 10

I know this is a very old thread, but I'm also experiencing the issue of 'pushing the power button twice' to turn on the computer. It did power up with one push after the initial install of the 650TX.

I can also shut down, turn off the switch on the PSU, pull the plug from the wall and it will power up with one push the first time. After each subsequent shut down, you have to once again push the power button twice. I can live with it. 5 year warranty, the voltages are very stable and other than pushing the power button twice, everything seems to be running fine.

Just a question, can pushing the power button twice cause any adverse issues?

I read earlier in this thread where RAM GUY said it was more of an inconvenience than anything else and he didn't think there would be a problem.

Thanks,

scjr

A7N8X-Deluxe mobo (socket A)
CPU AMD Athlon XP 2800, 3 Hard Drives, 2 ROMS, ATI Radeon Pro 9800, Audigy 2 Sound Card, Three Case Fans.