Corsair Community

Annoying noises from front Intake on the 650D

xxking

Theres this weird sound that makes the front fan sound like a jet engine ( and does not matter which fan it is ), that noise is just so annoying, when I remove the dust filter - it gets even worse..

When does Corsair plan to offer a fix for this? I am usually really satisfied with corsair products but the fact that this noise issue cannot be addressed is pissing me off..

and I really dont feel like voiding the warranty, and cutting off that front mesh that is the cause for the noise..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is your case one of the original models with the bad fan controller? If not then is the mesh screen somehow different on the newer ones, like smaller holes or something? I've never heard anyone mention this but I don't know anyone with the newer revision. Mine is almost totally silent on low and inaudible on high with the ceiling fan going, so something weird must be going on with yours. Maybe some pictures of the front to compare with other 650s?

problem is, i do not have the tools nor i have the time to do this.. why does a 200 dollar case make such noises? i just cant understand it.. usually corsair is good with their products but this one just ruins everything.. I own an H50, 2 sets of dominator memory and it all has been running strong for like a year now not a single problem.. but when it comes to a case - the response time is simply too long.. I mean they probably knew that it made noises and yet released it.. shouldve stayed with my haf x that hasnt made those annoying noises..

i seriously hope they come up with a fix for this because this is just unbearable while going through the net without any speakers on or playing a game and imagine how it is to fall asleep.. i can withstand the fan noises I have but this is just too much.. wanted a near silent case (silent is impossible without watercooling).. and got something ever louder than what i previously owned..

also those clips that you press for the side panel to release dont hold the whole side panel in.. especially behind the motherboard tray side panel doesnt close fully.. i arranged my cable management and it closes no problem but it still kinda pops out.. samething for the window one..

i just seriously feel like i threw 200 dollars away for nothing.. i hope you guys can understand my frustration .. as much as i hated my previous case, as far as noise goes and exterior build quality was pretty much decent.. the inside was simply a disgrace.. in this case the interior is absolutely amazing, high quality interior.. but as far as noise is concerned and those clips those are the factors that really kill this case.. as far as build quality goes with the aluminium is really really nice does not feel cheap at all.. what does feel cheap is the front intake that makes those weird noises and does not matter which fans i am using

I do understand your frustration. If you really want to get rid of the noise, just use some cutting pliers to snip off the mesh. It doesn't have to be pretty as it's completely hidden anyway. No doubt this should have been made right in the first place, but sometimes this kind of stuff just slips through the cracks.

I believe that if the fan is more far from the front the less noise there will be.. but corsair is the one who should be providing those rubber washers or whatever it is to make the noise less noticeable.. 2 days have passed and yet no answer from someone from corsair in the forums.. if corsair sees this: please at least let us know you are actually working on something..

I had the same problem with my 600T SE White and resolved it by changing the front fan. I don't know how similar the cases are but they seem to be the same on the inside. I was about to cut my front mesh when I put in a Cooler Master Megaflow 200 and it runs absolutely silent and actually pushes more air. The only problem is it is 30mm wide vs the Corsair 20mm wide fan. It works out since I am only using 1 hdd cage and I have it mounted in the position right behind where the power supply sits. This allows the room for the wider fan and actually allows more air flow into the case. If your case allows the cages to move it works great. It must be the pitch of the blades on the Corsair fan or something that produces the whine against the grill. The CM fan doesn't cause this and is silent even on high. I was really frustrated like you and glad I found this, hope this helps you as well.

I am using a Xigmatek Crystal 200mm and both this and the stock fan have the same sound.. I have a spare front intake fan that came from the haf x gonna try and see if it even fits.. good idea actually

@tbratz

THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!!

I had to take out everything in my case (psu, hdd cages) to fit that big boy that came with my HAF X as an intake, took me about 2 hours (the cable management took most of the time) now THERE IS NO NOISE, MY COMPUTER SOUNDS LIKE A NEW MERCEDES. I shouldve thought of this before.. seems like its a problem with the blades of the fan.. either way even tho I solved it - corsair should fix this issue and offer other fans than this.. because you pay 200 dollars and expect everything to work.. shame on you corsair for not even commenting here..

the megaflows that are sold separately don't have the separate LED switch unfortunately

it's also very hard to find the version with no LEDs, I've ordered a couple from some thai site but I might have thrown that money away as the site seems a bit dodgy but for me it's worth a try

I think asking for free fans might be going a little far. I've certainly paid a lot more for cases with much louder fans. BTW I dropped temps in my case by 3 degrees c by switching from megaflows back to the stock corsair fan. Pretty disappointed in the megaflow.

I am not asking for free fans I am saying that they should be providing free fans, this case is aimed at those who want silent cases and not jets. I payed 200 dollars and for that kind of money I expect the case to be silent and not have annoying noises coming. It isn't like I broke something.. its a defect on behalf of corsair, and I am not alone in this.

I don't think it was corsairs intention that anyone should believe this case to be dead silent. I can't find a single mention to that in anything they have published, as close as I can come up with is this "Integrated fan controller lets you quickly adjust cooling performance and noise levels."

kittysox,

I believe you have failed to read this whole topic I opened here.. the topic was that the front fan makes weird noises that arent even supposed to happen.. if I wanted a dead silent case I would go watercooling and have my total silent case. The noises the front fan made werent just some regular fan noise which I can handle.. those were annoying really annoying noises.. when I put the CM fan the noise went away.. even with the Xigmatek Crystal 200mm there was still noise.. why? probably the way the fan is designed (its blades) understand that the front mesh corsair is unable to remove cause I already have the case.. the least they can do is provide a different design fans that wont have the problem.. as I mentioned before I AM NOT ALONE in this! for 200 dollars I dont expect to hear weird noises, if it was a 50 dollar case I would not care in first place.

I have switched to XIGMATEK XLF Series 200mm and this irreterande sound is still there (Jet engine) :-(

I cant use rubber "pins" because its only mounting holes on one side of the fan and they are not closest to the front.

Maybe Corsair can produce some rubber adapters that reduce this noise :-)

apollo,

I do not know what to tell you man.. I had a xigmatek crystal 200mm and it gave me the same noise as the stock fan until I tried to put a CM fan and the noise went away.. I also think that corsair and xigmatek may be working together on fans.. cause the fans of the 600T seem very similar to the crystal series from xigmatek.

kittysox,

I believe you have failed to read this whole topic I opened here.. the topic was that the front fan makes weird noises that arent even supposed to happen.. if I wanted a dead silent case I would go watercooling and have my total silent case. The noises the front fan made werent just some regular fan noise which I can handle.. those were annoying really annoying noises.. when I put the CM fan the noise went away.. even with the Xigmatek Crystal 200mm there was still noise.. why? probably the way the fan is designed (its blades) understand that the front mesh corsair is unable to remove cause I already have the case.. the least they can do is provide a different design fans that wont have the problem.. as I mentioned before I AM NOT ALONE in this! for 200 dollars I dont expect to hear weird noises, if it was a 50 dollar case I would not care in first place.

Then I did misread your post and I do apologize.

Archived