Corsair Community

Polls?

It would be useful if POLLS were activated within the forum software so that a concensus of opinions could be gathered - make the polls open to anyone, registered or guest members. This makes the process anonymous and it would help to give an indication as to what people expect and want from Corsair without resorting to numerous posts of response and counter response.

Such POLLS could ask questions along the lines of:

Are you satisfied with Corsairs customer support regarding the X-Series SSD's? Y/N

Do you want more detailed information about the update utility and given an esitmated time for delivery? Y/N

Do you feel that Corsair should be doing more to help their customers by offering an RMA/Update/Replacement service? Y/N

Are you comfortable with imaging/secure erasing/re-imaging your drive regularly? Y/N

It wouldn't take long to gather replies and it would tell instantly just how people really are feeling about these issues. The above questions are just suggestions; they could be re-worded, added to etc.

Polls is a very good idea Davyc. Maybe we could have a Poll with multiple questions as you suggested and also a Petition!

Firstly, are we allowed to do these things on this forum?

I read the rules and it didn't say that you couldn't.

Consensus? Those for and those against, please.

There really is only gain to be made for Corsair to be having happy customers.

That is what we are isn't it? Customers?

It looks like Corsair could do with making a few more happy ones at the moment, too.

Been there, done that. Too many people post random polls about literally nothing. I've seen people post polls about what color the sky is on a thread about water cooling (I kid you not).

I wouldn't recommend that any forum poll be open to guests as that would allow the polls to be easily manipulated.

If people want to voice their opinion to Corsair they should contact Corsair and state their opinion. I'm sure that would have more impact than a Y/N by an anonymous source.

Been there, done that. Too many people post random polls about literally nothing. I've seen people post polls about what color the sky is on a thread about water cooling (I kid you not).

I wouldn't recommend that any forum poll be open to guests as that would allow the polls to be easily manipulated.

If people want to voice their opinion to Corsair they should contact Corsair and state their opinion. I'm sure that would have more impact than a Y/N by an anonymous source.

Wired,

I see your point, but I think there is a middle ground. How about poll capability enabled only for forum members "in good standing," (whatever that means!) and only other forum members are allowed to vote.

Further, if someone has a history of posting inane or "stupid" polls, then put them on moderation or even ban them. Now, I'm not suggesting a sort of "Big Brother" monitoring so that only "approved" topics are allowed.

my two cents.

x509

It would be helpful in numerous ways:

Polls would offer an opportunity to voice an opinion without having to post.

Polls would give Corsair statistics from which to either make or change policy to better serve their customers.

Polls can have multiple choice questions with multiple choice answers to give a broader concensus of opinion.

I know where you're coming from regarding the use of polls and how they can be trivialised, however their use and implementation can be limited to certain groups and voting also limited to certain groups. I certainly wouldn't advocate an open season on polls as that would indeed lead to some crazy posts lol.

I've run forums before - running one now in fact - and have used just about every forum software out there, including V-Bulletin (this one) ... if you haven't already had a dig around in the admin area to see how they can be utilised, have a look when you can. They really are a worthwhile tool.

Archived