Corsair Community

[HELP] Fans & Fan Speed Controller don't work in Corsair 780T

Dunadan

Hello everybody. I am Dunadan and I am new in the forum but I've read you a lot.

Last week I bought an awesome Corsair 780T and yesterday started to put the pieces from my old case to this one. But I have a problem: fans connected to 3 pins of the front panel don't work.

Reading this and other forums I discovered that the MOLEX connector gives power to the leds and SATA connector gives power to the Fan Speed Controller and the fans. I connected the fans which come with the case and 2x Corsair SP120 that I bought. No one works. If I connect them directly to my motherboard they work so it's not problem of the fans. I think the problem can be in the SATA connector or in the panel because the led of the Fan Speed Controller is OFF while the others (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Mic, Headphones and Start/Stop) are ON.

I really don't know what to do after I spent 200€ in this case and I was so happy to be a owner of a 780T.

Is there any solution without having to use exchange or RMA?

Thank you all.

The connectors for the LED lighting (Molex) and the fan controller (SATA) are separate. I would connect both of them and see whether that resolves your issue.

Hi Toasted.

I did. I connected them at the same time and separately too to check but Fan Speed Controller and fans don't work.

Lightining works except the led of Fan Speed Controller which is OFF.

You may want to ask the store how long it will take to repair the front I/O panel if they are going to to it.

Requesting an RMA for a replacement front I/O panel via Corsair may be a lot faster than going through the store as they may contact their local distributor for a replacement rather than Corsair directly.

Corsair provides instructions for removing the front I/O panel in their installation guide.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/cases/780T_InstallGuide.pdf

You may want to ask the store how long it will take to repair the front I/O panel if they are going to to it.

Requesting an RMA for a replacement front I/O panel via Corsair may be a lot faster than going through the store as they may contact their local distributor for a replacement rather than Corsair directly.

Corsair provides instructions for removing the front I/O panel in their installation guide.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/cases/780T_InstallGuide.pdf

I can see in the guide how to remove the I/O panel and how to unscrew but I don't know, in case of, replace the wires/cables to the electronic board (I don't know if it's complicated or not). That's why I think it's better to send it to the shop and let them do the work. Or can I open a ticket in corsair and send them the case to be repaired?

EDIT: Well, I decided to open a ticket in corsair too. If they send the complete I/O panel it will be very easy to replace.

The replacement front I/O panel will be whole. This means everything from wires, PCB, to the mounting plate etc. It should not come in separate pieces.

Thank you =)

Do you know how long, aprox. does Corsair take to answer a ticket? Just to make me an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure you upload a picture of your invoice as proof of purchase in the ticket.

It should normally take 2-3 business days to reply.

Hello,

I did and they sent me the piece. I installed it this morning and now it works.

Thank you Toasted.

And many thansk to Corsair too.

Archived