Corsair Community

Need some help with investigation

denaba

So I am wondering if anyone with the same system specs can post their SSD performance

I am using the Asus P8P67 Pro (ver 3.1) board with a single Corsair GT 90GB drive. Windows 7 Home 64-bit, 8GB of ram, single GPU Asus ENGT430. The SSD is plugged in to the SATA III slot. Running in AHCI in BIOS and using Intel RST (just the drivers, no program loaded). I have the Corsair Toolbox installed and have used it. Power is set to maximum, hard drive to never turn off.

I ran a test and I am getting low numbers and I wanted to see if someone has the same set up and can post theirs so I can compare and maybe find out why mine are low (or what I consider low). Maybe I have a board setting wrong or maybe the version of the Intel RST is not good; just need so help and information to start with my investigation.

Sorry for replying late. Using ATTO I get the correct typical readings. But when I use AS SSD , CrystalDisk and Anvil's; those three across the board I get these same results;

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hs6umf.png

Here are my settings for these above results;

BIOS version - 3602

BIOS SATA - RAID

Intel RST driver version - 12.6.3.1000

If I set the BIOS to AHCI and also use the Intel AHCI driver the numbers are these below;

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vila1j.jpg

In AHCI it is a bit better, but again these are in the SATA III ports which is 600MB and I think that getting these numbers in the low 400's might be a problem. Again I think or maybe these are normal numbers using those three tests?

A couple of things that I have to get and also check on and maybe someone here knows this already; the OROM on the board is from the factory. I think it is version 10.5, not sure so if that is something I need to update please let me know.

The other thing is I was reading that there are more BIOS settings to tweak to get better performance out an SSD. I think it was to turn off c something or c1 or both; I can't find the website. Anyone heard of that too?

So far the best performance numbers are when I set BIOS - AHCI and RAID and when I use Intel RST driver versions 11.2.0.1006 and 11.7.4.1001, both AHCI and RAID drivers in each. Using those two I get to 447Seq/reads.

Again I am just wondering if these are normal or if they are indicating I have some sort of setting problem holding back this drive. Thanks

Archived