Corsair Community

Corsair H150i pro Questions (Fans/Case)

Raveya

Hey guys, I want to buy soon the H150i Pro to cool an i7 8700K.

Does the H150i Pro fit into a Corsair 570x RGB Case?

and which RGB Fans can I use for prober cooling there?

I wanted to buy the Corsair HD120 RGB Fans.. can you recommend them (noise) - and can I connect the Fans directly to the H150i Pro without using extra RGB light controller?

If the H150i Pro fits into the Corsair Case, is there enough room to install 3 extra fans for push/pull or will it be problematic?

Hey guys, I want to buy soon the H150i Pro to cool an i7 8700K.

Does the H150i Pro fit into a Corsair 570x RGB Case?

Yup, it should fit in the front.

and which RGB Fans can I use for prober cooling there?

That's a more difficult question but any of them should work. The ML fans would have the best noise/efficiency, followed by HD and then LL. And there's no reason why you can't use the included ML fans with RGB fans for push/pull. In fact, that'd likely be your best option.

I wanted to buy the Corsair HD120 RGB Fans.. can you recommend them (noise) - and can I connect the Fans directly to the H150i Pro without using extra RGB light controller?

The HD Fans are pretty quiet, even at full speed. I can absolutely recommend them.

You'll still need an RGB Fan Hub. One that you can use does come with the case but then you'd have to replace the SP fans that come stock with the case (you cannot mix RGB Fan types on a single RGB Hub). If using the HD fans, you can use the push-button controller (and it's not the same as the push-button controller that's on the case) and hook into your case's lighting buttons for some limited options or the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro) for a lot more options and very flexible control.

I understand that you want to use as much as you already have and want to avoid purchasing stuff that you don't need ... but in addition to the fans themselves, you will at least need a new push-button controller. This does come with the HD fan multi-pack (as well as an RGB Fan hub).

If the H150i Pro fits into the Corsair Case, is there enough room to install 3 extra fans for push/pull or will it be problematic?

It should but it'll depend on the length of your GPU. I know that @Zotty has a 570X and he has push/pull configured already. He's running with a reference 1080, IIRC.

I know that @Zotty has a 570X and he has push/pull configured already. He's running with a reference 1080, IIRC.

Evga 1080 SC so yeah Reference length and I have about 70mm between my H100i v2 push/pull and my gpu

Running LL fans all round aside from HD fans on the inside of the rad.

as DevBiker said.. would need to know what GPU you plan to use.. but either way there should be ample room for you plan buddy..

As the H150i is Sata Powered there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to power all 6 fans from the pumps 3 fan headers using Pwm splitters for Rpm control.

As for RGB control.. again, as Devbiker said. you would still need the Corsair RGB Fan LED hub to control the fans RGB'z ;): and the H150i has no RGB output anyways ;)

Here's how mine will be when I can eventually afford the H150i Pro

vtXsf4Sh.png

Feel free to ask any further questions buddy

The RGB Fan Hub that comes with the case can be used for any of Corsair's RGB Fans ... but all of the fans connected to it must be of the same type (SP or HD or LL or ML).

Okay. So i can directly connect the fans that are mounted on the H150i pro with the case fan controller or like the picture abböge shows ?

Okay. So i can directly connect the fans that are mounted on the H150i pro with the case fan controller or like the picture abböge shows ?

Yes ... but let's make sure that we're talking about the same controller here. You have the RGB Fan Hub ... it came with the case and, as long as you remove all of the SP RGB fans from it, you can re-use the RGB Fan Hub for the HD Fans. Just make sure that only one type of fan is connected to the Fan Hub.

If you are talking about the push-button controller then no ... the push button controllers only work with one type of fan. The HD fans have one and the SP fans have one and they are not compatible with the other type of fan.

Make sense?

so my setup will be:

1 * Commander Pro + RGB HD Control (with 6 HD120 Fans) and the Lightning Note Pro connected to the Commander Pro.

Now my Question is: Can I use the USB Connector from the H150i Pro and connect it to the Commander Pro?

So that there will be only one USB 2.0 Cable be connected to the Mainboard?

so my setup will be:

1 * Commander Pro + RGB HD Control (with 6 HD120 Fans) and the Lightning Note Pro connected to the Commander Pro.

Now my Question is: Can I use the USB Connector from the H150i Pro and connect it to the Commander Pro?

So that there will be only one USB 2.0 Cable be connected to the Mainboard?

Yes. It will function like a normal 2.0 port and should support most other USB devices that need an internal 2.0 connection.

• 3 months later...
Evga 1080 SC so yeah Reference length and I have about 70mm between my H100i v2 push/pull and my gpu

Running LL fans all round aside from HD fans on the inside of the rad.

as DevBiker said.. would need to know what GPU you plan to use.. but either way there should be ample room for you plan buddy..

As the H150i is Sata Powered there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to power all 6 fans from the pumps 3 fan headers using Pwm splitters for Rpm control.

As for RGB control.. again, as Devbiker said. you would still need the Corsair RGB Fan LED hub to control the fans RGB'z ;): and the H150i has no RGB output anyways ;)

Here's how mine will be when I can eventually afford the H150i Pro

vtXsf4Sh.png

Feel free to ask any further questions buddy

Hi there. I was wondering if you had any clarification on this above post. The reason I ask, is because according to the Liquid Cooler FAQ (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174442), the power draw is exceeded with the 6 fans being powered by the H150i. Each fan has a max power draw of 0.3A, for a total of 1.8A. The H150i pump needs 0.45A of max draw. That gives a total of 2.25A. However the Cooler FAQ under A10, notes the max output of the SATA connector is 2A total, thus exceeding the needed power by 0.25A. Based on those numbers, your diagram above actually would not be recommended.

Am I correct here or is there something I missed?

Am I correct here or is there something I missed?

Depends on the fans you plan to use dude......

Some will allow you to get away with it.. some won't ;) .. really is a case of doing the math first.

Yes, I was just referencing the LL and HD fans pictured.

Whats written down isn't always the case ;).. I suspect the Stated specs are combining both RGB and Fan power draw...

Measured the current draw for an LL 120 .13A at startup. .15 when stressing the motor. and it was .10A just going full out.....*

but as always,, do your math.. assume nothing.. if unsure. check for your self ;) ;)

*Credit to DevBiker

Whats written down isn't always the case ;).. I suspect the Stated specs are combining both RGB and Fan power draw...

Measured the current draw for an LL 120 .13A at startup. .15 when stressing the motor. and it was .10A just going full out.....*

but as always,, do your math.. assume nothing.. if unsure. check for your self ;) ;)

*Credit to DevBiker

Your point of RGB draw and actual mechanical spinning draw as two separate entities is very valid. The above above numbers are likely mechanical draw only I suspect, which is the important value here since RGB is powered separately. I’m sure someone at Corsair has the exact values of each which would be helpful in current draw calculations for people to make.

The irony there however is, if the H150i needs 0.45A for the pump, then it also needs some more of that 2.0A SATA power for its own RGB function which actually raises its draw to over 0.45A (lowering available fan power) by some value only Corsair likely knows. The potential significance which still remains unclear. Thanks.

*Credit to DevBiker

I did a little more research and apparently the 0.3A is the official rating for the mechanical fan. The RGB portion is over double that rated separately at 0.62A.

Reference: https://proclockers.com/reviews/cooling/corsair-ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-3-pack-review

Remember current draw is a dynamic variable and Corsair has done the responsible thing by listing worst case possibilities. We have seen issues in the past where some manufacturers would round down on their values and peak start up was worse.

Regardless, if you are looking to do any kind of LL & HD combo with 6 on the radiator and probably more elsewhere, you might as well get the Commander Pro. You will need it or the Lighting Node Pro for LL control anyway and even with the HDs, you are really missing out without a software interface. In practical terms, the 6 fan ports on C-Pro solve a lot of issues and let you run other fans from temp probes, CPU coolant temp, or other things that might not be possible when using motherboard control. You can run the two banks of 3 from the same variable, but also account for small fan speed differences, intentional or otherwise. Even when I strip all my RGB stuff out, the C-Pro stays. It is too useful to remove.

Just on a mission to get accurate values from published data. 99.9% of buyers don't have equipment to individually test each component under virtually every condition to get values. And even if they did, how accurate is their equipment vs the manufacturer who is held to a much higher standard. The average person has to rely on published manufacturer readings. If there ever is an issue with the equipment, I’m sure the warranty department will quickly discard an individuals “personal” values or some reported internet readings. As you have correctly noted “doing the math” is using numbers that will be considered most accepted by the general population and especially the manufacturer. Without question, that is manufacturer data, since those are the published values used for proper functioning and warranty coverage of the components. That IMO that is “doing the right math.”

Fair play to that... Good luck on your Quest.

Plenty more info for You to research here if You like bud.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I may have some bits wrong but 99% of it should be accurate but it's open to edits and additions as stated in that thread. Feel free to make some suggestions buddy :).

Welcome to the Forum and feel free to be a part of the community dude...

Archived