The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 PM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932763
vholif2137 Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Pulsar - Corsair Crystal 570X Build

A few pics to wet the appetite. Used pretty much all the Corsair that I could, including the upgraded PSU cables! A few finer points while working on my build log video;

The RGB strips behind and under the desk and moniter are controlled and sync'd with Link, as are all the RGB fans and strips inside..

I did mod the PSU shroud LED, so it is also sync'd with Link.

Found a diagram of the PSU shroud end cover on the internet, and had a local 3D Printer company make it for me. Wish I could have found a metal one in stock somewhere.....anywhere.....

I can get the sync between Link and CUE pretty good, but it's not perfect, and some effects work on Link not CUE and vice-versa. Really waiting for Sync-It with baited breath. Then the only thing I have to fake-sync are the video cards. I like some of the Asus Aura effects but don't use it at all, so I hope Corsair will continue with the creativity and add more as we go, particularly figure out a way to react to music. I'm sure that they will.

Really, Really happy with all of the components, and the build in general. It was a joy to build in this case, although cable management was tough due to the RGB and fan controllers and wires. A little patience goes a long way. Great thermals, performance, and aesthetics. Very happy with my decision to go all Corsair.

Anybody interested in a bunch of Logitech RGB Peripherals?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:48 PM

POST ID # = 933470
Dolador Reputation: 10

What's with fans on either side of the rad? The extra fans aren't doing anything.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:37 PM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolador View Post
What's with fans on either side of the rad? The extra fans aren't doing anything.
2 Reasons really. Wanted to try out push/pull on the cooler, and wanted to play with RGB effects on more fans.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:00 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933799
DevBiker Reputation: 69

Looks awesome!
Question: How are you getting power to the strips outside the case? Are you using extensions routed outside the case? Something else?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:12 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933814
Zotty Reputation: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Looks awesome!
Question: How are you getting power to the strips outside the case? Are you using extensions routed outside the case? Something else?
Does look like a break in the strips along back of desk leading me to think he has done the same as me lol..

Great Looking build OP!!!! and ignore those that dismiss your push/pull need... your build,, your way ;) :)... i have the same but went LL fans on front of rad and HD fans on back of rad ;)

Last edited by Zotty; 01-05-2018 at 05:14 AM.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:13 PM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934105

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Looks awesome!
That's exactly how I did it!

Old 01-06-2018, 08:20 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934135

Quote:
Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
That's exactly how I did it!
I hid a second PSU on a shelf at the back of my monitor so i only had to run a usb cable back to the PC for LINK....

Looking at your system specs... we are pretty much identical on our corsair set up lol

Old 01-07-2018, 02:11 AM
Emelth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934168
Emelth Reputation: 10

Looks amazing! I'm doing the same thing pretty much. If you don't mind can you assist me over in my build thread? I don't want to come and take over your thread with a bunch of questions.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:00 AM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelth View Post
Looks amazing! I'm doing the same thing pretty much. If you don't mind can you assist me over in my build thread? I don't want to come and take over your thread with a bunch of questions.
I'd be happy to! It looks like you are on the right path. The only thing is you will need some extra extension cables for the strips, most likely.I ended up buying an extra expansion kit just to get extensions.....

Old 01-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Emelth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934237
Emelth Reputation: 10

Quote:
I'd be happy to! It looks like you are on the right path. The only thing is you will need some extra extension cables for the strips, most likely.I ended up buying an extra expansion kit just to get extensions.....
So, I dont connect all the LED strips together? I do have extensions that I havent used yet, just gotta figure out if they are the right ones or not.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:08 PM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelth View Post
So, I dont connect all the LED strips together? I do have extensions that I havent used yet, just gotta figure out if they are the right ones or not.
You do, but there's a max of 4 per channel. You may be able to do without the extensions, but I used them coming out of the case, and then to cover areas where lights weren't needed....

Old 01-09-2018, 12:57 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934569

Quote:
You do, but there's a max of 4 per channel.

Sort of.... ish..... I've seen 8 daisy chained and Link told they was LL fans. most effects worked well aside from pong and arc..

I am not suggesting you do this and of course it's not officially supported. and who knows if the NoPro can handle double the load for very long.. technically... 4 is not the limit lol......

It's not my fault!!

ok!!

lol

Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 PM
vholif2137's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934812

Last edited by vholif2137; 01-10-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:17 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934938

Quote: