Corsair Community

H100i CPU Fan Not Detected

smallberry

Hi Folks,

I just finished installing the H100i in my system but I constantly get a warning during POST that says it cannot detect the CPU fan. I am then forced to go into BIOS, Exit without saving, then enter Windows.

Temps look decent and the cooling system is running fine, however I keep getting this warning while booting and the Link software is rather useless when it can't detect any fans.

Mobo: Sabertooth P67 BIOS: 3302

There is a new version of my BIOS out, but the notes don't address this particular issue. I'm wary about trying to upgrade the BIOS since I've bricked a board in the past this way.

Any suggestions would be great!

The easiest solution to this problem (and it's only a minor BIOS problem), is to connect any of your case fans to the CPU fan header and connect the H100i RPM attachment to any other motherboard fan header so that the software (and BIOS) can read the RPM of the pump. The BIOS is simply looking for voltage use on that particular header for "safety". Even the RPM attachment that comes with the H100i doesn't seem to trigger a positive BIOS reading.

There is no need to update the BIOS for this particular problem. FYI my Asus motherboard does the same thing, so it isn't just Sabertooth boards.

Thanks Latharion. I'm currently ripping the system's guts out and putting them into a new Corsair 400R. I'll make sure to connect one of the case fans to that header.

I'd still need the H100i detectable on some header though to put the Link software into use right? If it doesn't detect on the CPU header, wouldn't it not detect on any of them?

Rebuild is in progress so I'll keep this thread updated.

Cheers!

I'd still need the H100i detectable on some header though to put the Link software into use right? If it doesn't detect on the CPU header, wouldn't it not detect on any of them?

It will still be detected. Your pumps RPMs will just show under what ever header you use instead of the CPU_FAN header.

So I've got the system running in the new cabinet.

Put the rear exhaust in the CPU_FAN header to avoid the boot issue and that has worked well so far. However it still won't detect the H100i fans. I've put them in the PWR_FAN header. It's also working just fine at whatever the default setting is.

I also don't see any of the customization options (color of the block LED).

UPDATE: I read in a few places that you need to connect the cooler to a "high powered USB header". I've now tried it in all 3 USB headers on my board to no avail.

Can the BIOS detect the pump's RPM? If so, then are you trying to use the Link software in Windows 8.1? If that is the case then you should know that there is a known problem between Windows 8.1 and Corsair Link. It's being worked. I am sure it's a pretty high priority for Corsair right now as many users are affected.

FYI I have my H100i RPM line attached to the PWR_FAN header on my motherboard and it works. The BIOS detects the RPM of the pump. The link software detects it in Windows7 just fine (WindowsXP is another matter altogether).

FIXED: I found this post and followed it. Seems to have done the trick.

Had to carry out the following:-

"Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot."

Many thanks to Thatualle1970!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=122769

@Latharion: Yes I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro. Things seem to be running fine now. Until the official fix breaks this or something :)

Many thanks for all the help and support.

Archived