Corsair Community

ASRock vs MSI motherboard with Vengeance Pro RAM?

vomo

Hello, I'm currently planning a new PC build and I want to have lots of RGB. I've decided on the Corsair ecosystem for my RGB since it seems the most complete and high quality all around. I'm planning an all white microATX Ryzen 7 build in a 280x and currently was trying to decide between 2 motherboards that fit my aesthetic, specs, and budget.

The ASRock B450M Steel Legend or the MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM.

However I see some posts over time that both have issues letting me enable SPD write and use the Vengeance Pro RAM RGB in iCUE. Some of posts reference that some iCUE updates over time have improved this slightly, but I've seen conflicting info.

I'm more than willing to just turn off the RGB on the board, so long as my RAM RGB will work.

Does either of these manufacturers have an advantage in use?

Does any one have either of these boards and Vengeance Pro have any experience?

Are ASUS Boards any better? I also looked at the ASUS Prime B450M-A/CSM.

Or am I'm going to have to find another MicroATX board that will work?

Edited by vomo
Added ASUS question

I personally prefer ASRock myself. MSI seems to have some odd issues with their thermal overload protection options in the BIOS causing CPU speeds to be throttled even when the system isn't overheating. A friend of mine had that issue with his, albeit it was an Intel system so I'm not sure if MSI boards for AMD would have that same issue. Personally not willing to take the chance. ASRock also has great support as far as I've experienced.