Corsair Community

Auto adjusting fan curve with ambient temp (CoPro)

AgentFoxMulder

Hi,

there is a way, or a future feature, to adjust fan curve with a function? With Commander Pro we have some thermal sensors that can be useful to use them together. For example i could use a sensor for the ambient sensor and then use it as an offset to my custom curve to auto adjust it.

It's just an idea. Maybe it's a fool idea but i'd really like if my pc can auto adjust the fan curve in all seasons.

Thanks and have a nice day!

I am sure it is possible to create fan curves that use a floating point basis, but ultimately you are going to run into the same problem -- no pre-programmed automatic reaction is ever going to be as intuitive as the owner and their knowledge or preferences. It sounds good to me and I am all for it, but I also spend quite a bit of time explaining why CPU temp can't be 25C in a 30C room and other elementary physics explanations. I don't know if adding a further layer of complexity to the fan curves would help or hurt most owners. Maybe we can call "Advanced Mode" and only turn it on with a toggle switch. I think that worked once before...

I like the idea and would certainly find it useful myself. My concern - we have enough folks that are overwhelmed by what you can do today in iCUE. Adding something with this level of complexity?

It's a fine balance that the Corsair dev team needs to walk between features/function and ease of use.