Corsair Community

CM3X2048-1600C9DHX question – please help!

acs9000

I’m an admitted newb, have tried the configurator, Customer Service, and Tech Support, and have received no answers or responses, so here goes: I’m running 2 sticks of 2gb Corsair XMS3 memory with a part number of CM3X2048-1600C9DHX. The voltage is 1.8v, and the timing is 9-9-9-24.

I’m looking to add 2-4 gb of memory but can’t find a match for my existing memory on the Corsair site. In looking around, I’ve found different Corsair memory with the same timing but lower voltage (1.65v – part number CMP4GX3M2A1600C9) and Patriot (think New England Football team) memory with the same voltage and timing (part number PGS34G1600ELK) and want to make sure I’m not messing this up.

So here are my questions:

1. Is there any more CM3X2048-1600C9DHX out there, and if so, where is it?
  2. If not, has it been replaced (and if so, what’s the part number)?
  3. If there is no replacement, can I run the CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 at 1.8v?
  4. If not, should I just go with the other memory and call it a day, or is there another solution to consider?

Many thanks!

• Corsair Employee
No that part number is no longer sold. It has not been replaced with a similar part. You can use that kit however it may not run at 1.8v. Mixing and matching memory kits is never guaranteed. If you use two kits you will most likely have to lower the memory frequency.

Archived