Corsair Community

Corsair K90 issues

Evo_K90

I cant find this exact problem anywhere and I have tried all solutions similar to no avail.

My K90 is 2 years and 7 months old so its warranty is finished.

About a year after I got my K90 it would randomly stop working then start working again a few moments later or sometimes when I plug in into another USB. It was never enough of a reason to send back as I need my keyboard.

I was using it recently when it did the same, only this time it wouldn't come back on no matter what I did so I restarted my PC. Once it started up the keyboard was fully lit up but no keys would work and I also had the flashing scroll lock like in this post

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=121222

The fix does not work as none of the keys work including the windows lock.

So next I tried the usual unistall all drivers and reinstall. Didnt work so I decided to try the firmware, the firmware update fails and if I try it again it does not recognize it and will not start again. This makes the keys work again but just as a standard keyboard no lights, no macros etc and every time I restart my PC I have to use the on screen keyboard to log in and then run the firmware just to get the keyboard to work. USB selective suspend settings does not affect the firmware failing.

I managed to get the scroll lock to stop flashing by uninstalling everything including the hidden drivers then switching USBs, this got the LEDs working but I was back to step 1 the keys still don't work but now CUE recognizes it and allows me to change the lighting level but thats it, if I run the firmware it does the same and gives me a standard keyboard.

Kinda annoyed my keyboard waited until its warranty just ended before dying, my M65 did the exact same thing which annoyed me and I bought another.

Archived