Corsair Community

Can't Update Firmware

Venix42

Hi!

Since my Keyboard (K90) and my Mouse (M65) is reaching the end of his warranty, I tried to update the firmware of both of them. I can recall trying to update their firmware a year ago.

The update of the M65 went fine (like a year ago) but my keyboard couldn't update (like a year ago again).

The problem: When I try to update it using the update firmware program, it tries to put the keyboard in reset mode (or at least in a mode allowing update) but it fails, leaving the keyboard useless . I have to unplug and plug it again to make it work again.

The updater fails to recognize the keyboard and can't go further in the update procedure.

I use Windows 8.0. Windows fails to start the device (Code 10) while using the supposed "reset mode" and it displays a "USB Composite Device". I tried desactivating USB sleep mode, killing K90HID.exe, changing pc, rebooting, changing USB port,...

The reason I'm trying to update the keyboard is that it doesn't allow me to record macro on the fly right now (I have to "write" them into memory using the Corsair program).

What should I do?

Thanks for your help

Venix42

PS: Some Leds seems to flicker from time to time. Any idea on how to fix that?

Have you tried using a USB 2.0 port?

For the on-board MR button to work, K90Hid.exe needs to be running in the background.

To use the MR button, press it>press a G-key> type what you want>Press the MR button again.

If the LED flicker even after trying a different USB port, you can request an RMA to replace the keyboard if the warranty has not expired yet.

I am having problems updating my "Corsair K70 RGB" to version 1.7.106

When I try to update it, it always can't find the keyboard. I try plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, restarting my computer, but nothing. So everytime I start up my computer, I get the notification that the update is available. It's like a dream to even get this update to work for my keyboard. Sometimes I wish I bought the Razer blackwidow RGB instead...

Archived