The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 PM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891654
snapper69 Reputation: 29

That looks good, but maybe not £50 good.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:11 PM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891655
snapper69 Reputation: 29

Then again.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:42 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891730
Charixfox Reputation: 19

Looking at a Lighting Node Pro...

The 50 pound (60 USD) package gets you a controller and four 10-LED strips. It takes a full 2-USB header to a single Mini USB port on the node. The node can handle up to four strips per port, or one HD 120 RGB fan hub per port. It does not come with the hubs.

The outer case for the device is a clip-together, so spudgers worked wonders and nothing small and plastic broke (yay). Looking inside becomes interesting...

It feeds off both 5v and 3v from the SATA power connector (Not 5 and 12 like many things do, or 5 alone like a lot of better stuff)

The little hole in the top of the package leads down into a button of all things.

The manual is mostly-uninformative. <.<

The "Adapter cable" for connecting to a fan hub carries only signal and ground, so the 5V is decoupled from the rail on the hub. This is fine.

It takes 3v because it's running off an NXP ARM CortexM0, which operates at 3.3v, so they have a logic level shifter on board. Downside is that most "quick" drive PSU adapters run the 12 and 5V lines and not the 3V line, so I can't bench test this without grabbing an old full PSU. I need to see about finishing up my bench tools and getting the thing into working shape so I have an excuse to grumble when random stuff is set on it. Then I'll be able to clean it up and use it to test interesting things like this. ^.^

Anyway, that's what I know so far. Don't know what it's capable of in conjunction with CL4 yet. Might be full-featured, might not. My Arduino solution could potentially have more interesting things it can do and it's less costly, but it's definitely DIY hack and "Know code" thing at this time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: