Corsair Community

Cannot change colors on CMR32GX4M2C3200C16

Blofeld2k

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, "it is stuck on "Rainbow" even though the settings says "Static".

I have 6x HD120 with commander pro.

While using corsair link it doesnt change to another fans "status" (no fan speed, no led control, ...)

my config :

Windows 10 Famille 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz

RAM

16,0*Go Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1646MHz (14-14-14-34)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270E GAMING (LGA1151)

Graphics

ROG PG248Q (1920x1080@144Hz)

8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (MSI)

Storage

232GB NVMe Samsung SSD 960 SCSI Disk Device

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164

Any help please? :)

Moved one of the DIMMs into a slot where I have a white LED stick, no change.

Saw I had three installations of Link (different vers.) under Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. Uninstalled all of them, restart, no change.

Then I noticed Link only showed one of my white LED sticks. Closed Link, started it again and voila now I can control the colors!?

Not sure how stable this is tho, was asked if I run Asus Aura which I don't atm but I will, we'll see if that breaks everything again...

Unfortunately it sounds like steadily updating the Link software caused some issues. And yeah, sometimes just exiting and rebooting the software (or your system) can fix the problem.

Thank you for responding but is this really the way it is supposed to work? That we, your customers are to expect this kind of behavior from your quite frankly premium peoducts? For me I choose Corsair to be sure that it works out of the box. Not having to exit and rebooting to get my premium products to work as advertised.

I am baffled by this comment and expect some other explanation to the atrange behaviour.

• Corsair Employee

I can see why you'd be irritated, but software is kind of an imperfect science. We've been trying to support all the new platforms that have been released this year as quickly as possible while also aggressively fixing, tuning, and stabilizing Corsair Link. That's doubly difficult when you look at what's involved in controlling RGB memory over the bus. Now that's not your problem, but we do have better RGB DRAM support across more platforms than any of our competitors.

It's not unusual for software - or even Windows itself - to sometimes straight up need to restart to recognize everything. Obviously we want you to have the best experience you can, and I'm working very hard with the software team to make that happen...just asking for a little patience. Some of this stuff is just very tricky to implement, with RGB control over the DRAM bus being particularly challenging.

Thank you for responding but is this really the way it is supposed to work? That we, your customers are to expect this kind of behavior from your quite frankly premium peoducts? For me I choose Corsair to be sure that it works out of the box. Not having to exit and rebooting to get my premium products to work as advertised.

I am baffled by this comment and expect some other explanation to the atrange behaviour.

Thank you Dustin for a much more informative and professional answer.

I am working in IT myself so I surely can relate.

I have been offered an RMA of one of the sticks since switching slots makes no difference and it’s only one if the sticks that is displaying this behavior. Will be interesting to see if it is the stick after all...

Archived