Corsair Community

HX1200i not showing in Link 4

Ptolomyos

Hello I have the HX1200i, corsair commander pro, running lighting node pro and HD fans.

The only component not showing any signs of existing is the HX1200i.

The corsair commander has no link port for the link cable that comes with it so I've plugged it in via the supplied usb cable to the USB hub on the Corsair commander pro.

So I've done everything I can think of off the top of my head and I've rechecked all the connections just to be sure..It's working with the Lighting and fans now so it is working and reporting fine in corsair link.

Some idea's would be great.

thanks

Looks like you have a Ryzen-based system. I have the same issue. Anything plugged into the Commander Pro does not show up in LINK. I have a thread I started previously explaining the issue: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170885&page=2

It sounds like you are having the same problem.

Last update I got was a month ago and said they are working on it.

Looks like you have a Ryzen-based system. I have the same issue. Anything plugged into the Commander Pro does not show up in LINK. I have a thread I started previously explaining the issue: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170885&page=2

It sounds like you are having the same problem.

Last update I got was a month ago and said they are working on it.

Hi there, The issue was present on my previous build which was on Intel less than a month ago.

Hi Dustin.

Unfortunately I don't have usb 2.0 ports on this case, just usb c and usb 3.0

I'll have a look around and see if I have anything that can plug in to a port though.

Trouble is I'd rather not lose it for the duration of an RMA period as it's controlling all my fans and lighting right now.

So if it doesn't work then I'll just ignore the ports and buy a separate internal USB adapter and see if that works instead.

I have only 1 usb 2.0 internal header on the motherboard and 2 x usb 3.0 headers.

Asus seems to have gotten stingy with the internal USB connectors :(: I (and a. couple of others, apparently) use this: https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2. (I also have stuff plugged into the Commander that works just fine but that's irrelevant here.) Now, I'm running an Intel platform so I don't know if it has the same issues with the hub connection that we've heard about with the Commander ... so YMMV, dunno on that. And be warned: the magnet isn't all that strong on it.

They did get stingy with the USB 2.0 connectors.

It's not a big deal though as I only have the corsair commander plugged in via internal usb.

I made my choices already though and it's one of the reasons I picked the case I have now, sorry corsair but my airflow 540 is getting used for something else now.

I wanted to move on from older standards, USB C and 3.0, so the motherboard does support those really well.

That sounds like potentially an issue with the Commander Pro itself. Have you tried plugging anything else (for example, front panel USB 2.0 ports) into the Commander Pro?

Hi Dustin, I was able to use a 2.0 to 3.0 adapter and check if the ports did anything on the commander.

And nope they don't. they get power pass through as the usb device lights up but nothing happens.

So i'll try an Internal adapter instead.

Dunno what the point in an RMA is, this doesn't work on X99 or X370. I've got both and tried on both and no difference so if as you say it's a commander issue then I'll find a work around.

Disappointed as spending 60 quid on this only to find quality control issues isn't exactly fun.

Which if I were to add my other disappointment of ordering Custom cables for the same PSU only to find the lack of 24pin ATX cable..which is charged for separately...

Makes for one very disappointed customer.

I chose to buy the commander as earlier this year you showed off the CUE software controlling all the lighting from peripherals to fans and internal RGB strips, An update I'm at least looking forward too.

Well thanks for the link to the tech support site, and for your time.

RMA == "Return Merchandise Authorization" ... he's suggesting that you return it to Corsair support and they will send you a new one under warranty. It's not working as it should and it's on Corsair to replace it. Use the link for the "Support Ticket System" to start the process.

RMA == "Return Merchandise Authorization" ... he's suggesting that you return it to Corsair support and they will send you a new one under warranty. It's not working as it should and it's on Corsair to replace it. Use the link for the "Support Ticket System" to start the process.

I'm well aware of the process, However given that the only fault is the USB ports I'd rather not replace it with a unit that has faulty fan ports or LED ports instead.

Also putting my system out of commission for the duration is something I'll pass on.

Instead ordered Internal USB hub adapter already.

I'm well aware of the process, However given that the only fault is the USB ports I'd rather not replace it with a unit that has faulty fan ports or LED ports instead.

Also putting my system out of commission for the duration is something I'll pass on.

Instead ordered Internal USB hub adapter already.

Sorry ... thought you weren't clear on what an RMA was. My apologies! :cool:

• Corsair Employee
Hi Dustin, I was able to use a 2.0 to 3.0 adapter and check if the ports did anything on the commander.

And nope they don't. they get power pass through as the usb device lights up but nothing happens.

So i'll try an Internal adapter instead.

Dunno what the point in an RMA is, this doesn't work on X99 or X370. I've got both and tried on both and no difference so if as you say it's a commander issue then I'll find a work around.

Disappointed as spending 60 quid on this only to find quality control issues isn't exactly fun.

Our QC is generally excellent. The problem is, it's physically impossible for 100% of our products to be fault free. That means that even if there's just a <1% failure rate, that still means those customers are going to run into issues. It can't be avoided; NO ONE can avoid these types of problems.

Which if I were to add my other disappointment of ordering Custom cables for the same PSU only to find the lack of 24pin ATX cable..which is charged for separately...

Makes for one very disappointed customer.

We charged separately because of variation in 24-pin ATX cables with earlier power supplies. This is something we fixed with every power supply that uses our Type 4 cables.

I chose to buy the commander as earlier this year you showed off the CUE software controlling all the lighting from peripherals to fans and internal RGB strips, An update I'm at least looking forward too.

Well thanks for the link to the tech support site, and for your time.

I appreciate you picking up our stuff. I totally understand your frustration and why you don't want to go through the hassle of RMA'ing the Commander Pro. So you're aware, we can also do an Advanced RMA and ship you a new Commander Pro first and then you can send us the old one back.

That sounds like potentially an issue with the Commander Pro itself. Have you tried plugging anything else (for example, front panel USB 2.0 ports) into the Commander Pro?

I'll wager that if an RMA exchange is done, the problem will persist. I have yet to read a post wherein a Commander Pro turned out to be faulty and an RMA replacement magically fixed the problem. If someone knows of one, please post a link to it.

• Corsair Employee

He had the issue with X99 and X370, so it's very possible this is the one time it's a bad unit.

That being said, if the USB header on the X99 motherboard was connected to an ASMedia chipset, that could also be the cause of the issue, in which case you'd be correct: this would be a known issue on the software/firmware side that still needs to be fixed.

Hi Dustin

I felt I should update you.

I have tested the commander pro on another system, Intel X99 I have and the same issue occurs.

However when I tested another hub on the crosshair 6 extreme it also doesn't detect additional devices.

So while I may not get the device detection on the commander I wouldn't have been able to detect additional devices anyway had we spent weeks on trying to solve this or had an RMA done either the problem would have persisted via a different issue entirely.(that could have gotten frustrating for all involved)

The Hub still doesn't allow pass through but having a work around in place which does work on the other system but not on this one has me going to Asus to see if they can help me resolve this issue.

A curious one to be sure.

I really appreciate the time and responses you have given and while I was miffed at the 24 pin cable it is the least of my worries as I would have spent that money regardless of whether it was included and cost more or not included and an extra cost.

But when that CUE update comes...oh boy will this look good. My Corsair Strafe, Corsair MM800, Corsair Glaive mouse, HD120/140 and RGB strips all synced up will look epic.

• Corsair Employee

Solving problems like these is always really tricky. Part of the reason I have my job is because I've beaten my head against all kinds of random issues for the last 15 years, and even then there's always some new and exciting incompatibility waiting to rear its ugly head.

We do what we can. I sit in a row of product managers that are almost all nerds and enthusiasts just like me (and probably like you and a lot of our customers), we all eat our own dog food, and there really is an effort on all fronts to continue to improve our products and keep our customers happy.

If there's anything else I can do to help you out, please let me know.

Exactly Dustin

I tried everything I could my end before coming here for some idea's on what to do next.

It's part in parcel being a techie.

On a plus side it's an issue I'm using for part of my University course writing a paper on the problem and the steps to finding a solution...should clarify that part.

If I do come across a solution I'll post back what it was, off to fiddle with some registry settings shortly.

Archived