Corsair Community

Corsair Link doesn't work with Windows 10 Creators Update

Mikuni

Ever since the update the app won't recognize the PSU, so I can't keep track of power usage:

http://i.imgur.com/BAocMTs.png

Edit:

So I made a ticket with the following results:

Subject: Corsair Link does not recognize my PSU after Win10 Creators Update

Description: I have a Corsair PSU RM750i and since the Windows 10 Creators Update it won't be recognized in the software.

Created By: Z a c k TS (4/16/2017 8:19 PM)

Hello,

Please uninstall the Corsair Link software and

- Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"

- Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

- Restart your system

- Re-Install the Corsair Link software

problems with this answer:

- "system"? doesn't he mean "user"?

- there's no such folder for LINK, it's something else in ProgramData

Created By: (ME) (4/17/2017 12:22 AM)

There is no Corsair folder under AppData, only found this related to Link: "C:\ProgramData\CLink4" which already gets deleted upon uninstall if I tick on the option to remove configuration files.

So I did that and reinstalled, but it still won't see the PSU.

Created By: Z a c k TS (4/19/2017 12:17 AM)

Hello,

Please disable the USB connection at the Control Panel / Device Manager section while the computer was running and the Corsair Link software was running too. Then, reboot your system, go back to Control Panel / Device Manager and went directly to the USB that was disabled and enable it again. Also try another USB header. If it still does not detect the cooler, grab a mini usb cable to a regular usb cable and plug the cooler to the back of the usb ports on the mobo (trying to identify if the cable provided is faulty)

erm ok.. weird grammar aside (shouldn't support staff speak good English to properly respond to inquiries?)

- "disable the USB connection": any modern computer has a dozen or more USB hubs, is he telling me to disable ALL the usb devices? shouldn't he tell me at least how to find which one the LINK is plugged to?

- "cooler"? I clearly mentioned the power supply was not detected, nothing about a cooler

- Suggesting the cable might be faulty. I'm clearly explaining this stopped working after the Win10 C update, it would be quite a big coincidence that the cable somehow just died during a software update..

I'm not even sure it's worth to keep the ticket going.

I had the same issue from your screenshot long ago when I just bought my PSU, since their cable has 2 "rows" with 1 empty, it's a wasted USB hub (why couldn't they make it a simple one?) I mixed it up with another cable for a front panel card reader and somehow mixed up the pins then the card reader wouldn't be recognized with that very same error from your ss.

This is a different issue though (my first post).

I'm also experiencing an issue with installing Corsair Link on Windows 10 Creators update. My PC suddenly freezes and locks up, requiring a hard reset, as soon as I click Install (green progress meters appears, stops and freezes)

No luck so far. Support asked me for warranty stuff etc in their new reply, to which I said a RMA isn't in order since this is a software issue, then he told me to try the PSU in another PC or after a clean Windows reinstall..

I'll find a spare disk to install a fresh w10 and see. Will post back when I cba to do that.

I'm also experiencing an issue with installing Corsair Link on Windows 10 Creators update. My PC suddenly freezes and locks up, requiring a hard reset, as soon as I click Install (green progress meters appears, stops and freezes)

I'm having the same issue on Windows 10 Pro x64 v15063_1703

Created By: Technical Support Rep (4/27/2017 10:52 PM)

Hello,

Our apologies for the inconvenience, since Win10 update was released recently, we'll pass this issue to our validate team for further review and test it out. We will release an update to fix this issue if the current version doesn't work correctly due to the update.

• 3 months later...
Hi I just spent over 6 hours trying to get Link 4 (v4.8.0.82) to display my H80i v2 in link 4. Reseached, googled, looked here,uninstalled, installed, tried different USB cables and ports and ready to get a refund as it was not as described or fit for purpose without software control and so under Australian Consumer Law I am due a full refund. Finally checked my download folder and had earlier version v4.7.0.77 I uninstalled the v4.8.0.82 and installed v.4.7.0.77 and all is working. Now it makes sense as I am using windows 10 64bit and latest version 1703. This problem should be on the corsair web site (I should not have to just stumble upon a solution) and the old link v4.7.0.77 be available instead of me wasting 6 hours of my life on this. Not happy!

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

First time I am seeing this kind of issue with version 4.8.0.8 where everything works when reverting back to version 4.7. Are you all using Win10 64 build 1703? I'll bring this up to our validation team and make sure to check on this.

All USB drivers are up to date?

First time I am seeing this kind of issue with version 4.8.0.8 where everything works when reverting back to version 4.7. Are you all using Win10 64 build 1703? I'll bring this up to our validation team and make sure to check on this.

Same issue here. Spent hours trying to get it working but appears to be a software/firmware issue.

Completely new build, so new Windows install. Drivers are all installed and up to date. Fans connected to the Commander Pro are working fine. Anything connected via the Commander's USB hub are not passing through to the OS it appears. Have a H110i and an RM750i. Both are not working via the Commander but work directly connected to a USB header.

Windows 10 x64 v1703 - Build 15063.608

Corsair Link - Version 4.8.3.8

Corsair Commander Pro - Firmware: 0.2.136 Bootloader: 0.3

All drivers up to date and I'm on Win 10 1703 15063.608. Although running Link and CUE no longer requires me to do a hard shut down, there is still something very wrong with 4.8.3.8 and Asus MB's. With it installed I will constantly get time measurement data not available with 3DMark runs. As soon as I switch back to 4.7.0.77 every run (no OC and OC) is valid.

I'm very tired of Corsair Link. Can we get a "Lite" version of it that only controls rad fans and pump and hopefully would cause no other system issues?

If I set Link on an rpm curve with CPU package and uninstalled link, would it keep the curve settings? Or would I have to worry about a 0 rpm issue?

• Corsair Employee
Same issue here. Spent hours trying to get it working but appears to be a software/firmware issue.

Completely new build, so new Windows install. Drivers are all installed and up to date. Fans connected to the Commander Pro are working fine. Anything connected via the Commander's USB hub are not passing through to the OS it appears. Have a H110i and an RM750i. Both are not working via the Commander but work directly connected to a USB header.

Windows 10 x64 v1703 - Build 15063.608

Corsair Link - Version 4.8.3.8

Corsair Commander Pro - Firmware: 0.2.136 Bootloader: 0.3

If this is what you are seeing, then it seems like your issue is more on the FW side of the Commander Pro. Let me run this by our validation team and see if they have run into this with version 4.8.3.8

If I set Link on an rpm curve with CPU package and uninstalled link, would it keep the curve settings? Or would I have to worry about a 0 rpm issue?

Are you also having 0 rpm issue? If you haven't tried it, I say run with custom curve first and see if it happens. As far as the settings staying after uninstalling link, iirc the profile writes onto the cooler which includes custom fan curve and pump LED color so it should stay even after removing C Link. BUT let me confirm that and see that is accurate.

Are you also having 0 rpm issue? If you haven't tried it, I say run with custom curve first and see if it happens. As far as the settings staying after uninstalling link, iirc the profile writes onto the cooler which includes custom fan curve and pump LED color so it should stay even after removing C Link. BUT let me confirm that and see that is accurate.

I'm talking about the low RPM issue that versions of Link from 4.6.086 and after fixed on my specific cooler. From the 4.6.086 release notes:

"Addressed issue with H110i that may run pump at lower RPM until software startup"

So I'm asking two questions. I'm using 4.7.077 right now. If I set the two rad fans on an RPM curve with CPU package and set the pump to performance and then uninstall Link, will those settings be retained?

Also, with Link uninstalled, will I have the issue of the H110i pump running at lower RPM? I'm not sure if that fix is in bios or software. If it's software I assume I have to worry about low RPM on the pump if I don't have the software installed.

Archived