Corsair Community

Lock key is off after sleep

Rhialto

I've always had the lock key enabled on my Logitech G15 v2, thanks to the fact it's a physical switch.

Just got this new K70 LUX RGB and I enable the lock key but when computer wake up after sleep the lock key is off and this is a bit annoying.

Isn't there any way to have the keyboard remember the state of the lock button? If that was included in next CUE it would work because when CUE takeover when wake up happens to restore colors and effects then it would be able to also restore the state of the lock button.

edit: tried changing word 'sleep to 'unlocking session' in Title

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for late answer. The keyboard came early as part of a new build so I tested it on my current Windows 7 first and then I posted here about the problem.

Now I just completed my new build with Windows 10 on it and the same is happening. All I did yet was to setup a static color and wave effect when I press a key. Fine?

When I press the Lock key it goes from red to cyan. Great. Now if I simply lock the session, the keyboard turn all red except WASD and arrows keys are white and when I unlock the session, keyboard return to defined static color but the lock key is red and I must press it again to have it cyan.

I believe this is a bug or an overlooked parameter to restore when unlocking a session.

Please fix!

I checked with our developers regarding your question. The short answer is that this is not a bug, and is normal and intended behavior. CUE does not override statuses, only lighting.

I wish I knew that before buying, suddenly I miss my Logitech G15 v2 with a hardware switch to disable the Windows key.

There is nothing you can do about that? It seems it can reset the status, why it cannot save the status then? Hardware limitation? Overlooked when designed like I said?

That was your short answer, I'm curious about the long one...

Archived