Corsair Community

Bulldog Owner - What are my GTX 1080 options?

Just got a Bulldog. Managed to snag one second hand but still brand new. I've got the following build in mind, and am struggling to figure out what to do in terms of graphics card.

So far:

Bulldog case

Gigabyte GA-Z170N Gaming 5 motherboard

Intel i7-6700k CPU

Corsair H5 SF Cooler

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 kit

Corsair SF600 PSU

Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SDD

I see mention of the SEA HAWK X on MSI's site, but no other site on the internet seems to have listings of it, only the SEA HAWK EK X (is this the same thing? Is it even compatible?).

I also see the Hydro GFX GTX 1080, but that's slated for a 3rd quarter release according to one site, and I'm honestly not going to wait until then.

I guess I'm asking what cards fit that are currently released (OOS is fine, but are actually released on the consumer market) and can be fitted to be watercooled (preferably with Corsair product.)

Any and all advice is definitely appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB Video Card into my Bulldog and it fits no problem with cooling not being an issue.

It is quieter (in my view) than the CPU cooler, and given they tend to both get hot at similar times, it means that GPU fan noise - at least from this card - is not an issue for me.

Archived