Corsair Community

connecting ll120 to lighting node pro

joshtothemoon

Hi,

Looking to hook up some sweet RGB to my LL120's. Can the lighting node pro do this alone? or will I need a fan hub as well? Looking at the lighting node pro it has 2 3 pin connectors but the RGB cable off of the fans are a 4 pin connector.

Also, my mobo (strix b-350 gaming) has a RGB header connection. Will plugging the RGB cable directly onto this enable the leds to produce colour? I understand I wont be able to control the colours via iCUE but would they still work?

Thanks

You absolutely need a fan hub. The fan hub in that pack will do but mixing different fans on a single hub/channel isn't supported. And you can get the fan hub alone from Corsair. Regardless, with the fan hub in the link you provided or the fan hub that you get alone from Corsair, you'll need the correct cable to connect the two. All of this comes in the multi-packs of LL fans.

Please look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

Almost. You won't have the cable to connect the Lighting Node Pro to the Fan Hub tho. And multiple fan types aren't supported on the same hub.

You purchased the LL120's as singles, correct? You would have been better off getting the multipack. It would have everything that you need, including the cable.

My sig as a link to a post with the parts list for making your own cable. You can also use jumper cables (like for a RaspPi) but you need to be pretty careful about how you connect them.

Archived