Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Coming back to this because of 3.15.101.

Been running it all morning, so far so good!

Hesitant to call it totally solved, might be a case where it's going to work until I plug in just the right USB device or something, but with my usual setup (which has been running with static lights since December when I first got the thing) I'm now able to use the lighting options with no USB disconnect so far.

Progress, anyway. Thanks for the work. Hopefully it's fixed and Corsair can narrow down the issues other users are still having.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Corsair Employee
3.15 is working, i got no usb-diconnect.

But the problem with the RGB on the pump is still there..... Is it a hardware problem? Or can it be the firmware?

I can´t get white light....

In this picture the pump should be the same white light as the fans....

Do you have a ticket created for this issue? It might have a defective LED preventing it from allowing white as a color. PM me your ticket number so I can update the Technical Support Team with what may be the issue and they can help you further.

• Corsair Employee
Just an FYI for everyone, we definitely wanted to get a fix for this issue out as soon as we could for everyone but since it was released a bit faster than usually we are a bit behind on getting the patch notes out you guys but we're working on getting that out! 3.15.101 should be available for download on our website soon as well. If you are currently running iCUE, if you check for an update it should be available there as well. Anyone having the disconnect issue still please PM me so I can get more system info to pass to our dev teams!

Just an FYI for everyone, we definitely wanted to get a fix for this issue out as soon as we could for everyone but since it was released a bit faster than usually we are a bit behind on getting the patch notes out you guys but we're working on getting that out! 3.15.101 should be available for download on our website soon as well. If you are currently running iCUE, if you check for an update it should be available there as well. Anyone having the disconnect issue still please PM me so I can get more system info to pass to our dev teams!

You also need a PM regarding the maybe even more annoying new issue with self-deleting Arc color profiles for all of my LL fans connected to my CoPro since first 3.15 beta release 3 weeks ago?.. This issue MUST be fixed asap, my LL fans are otherwise useless as ARC is THE effect I decided to go with LL fans in the first place and now its broken with 3.15 and it worked fine all the years before.

Just wanted to say the 3.15 update definitely seems to have cured the usb disconnect issue. I was one of the original people that tagged onto this post to address the issue way back on page 4 back in Dec 2018. Unfortunate that it took 6 months to get the issue ironed out, but it seems solved for me so far an hour into using spiral rainbow on my cooler. Usually using that would cause the USB disconnect sound at least half a dozen to a dozen times within the hour.

You also need a PM regarding the maybe even more annoying new issue with self-deleting Arc color profiles for all of my LL fans connected to my CoPro since first 3.15 beta release 3 weeks ago?.. This issue MUST be fixed asap, my LL fans are otherwise useless as ARC is THE effect I decided to go with LL fans in the first place and now its broken with 3.15 and it worked fine all the years before.

I can understand that it may be annoying to get "colors problems" but calling it more annoying than usb disconnections (which is a real problem not only for the "beauty"...) is maybe too much don't you think ?

Let first solve a real problem then talk about aesthetics...

I can understand that it may be annoying to get "colors problems" but calling it more annoying than usb disconnections (which is a real problem not only for the "beauty"...) is maybe too much don't you think ?

Let first solve a real problem then talk about aesthetics...

no, because I could solve it by using static color on the coller and the USB disconnects are fixed that way. Its WAY more annyoing to have all my LL fans set to a static color because the Arc effect is completely being deleted after a profile switch. And because this issue is new with 3.15 they need to get this one sorted with high priority before further investigating USB disconnect issues. They cant break something and repair it a year later, come on.

no, because I could solve it by using static color on the coller and the USB disconnects are fixed that way. Its WAY more annyoing to have all my LL fans set to a static color because the Arc effect is completely being deleted after a profile switch. And because this issue is new with 3.15 they need to get this one sorted with high priority before further investigating USB disconnect issues. They cant break something and repair it a year later, come on.

You are then one of the lucky ones (even the only one maybe ?) cause I was unable to solve the problem of disconnections this way (the only way was to uninstall iCue so have no control over the watercooling at all... not only lightnings) and reading all around on the web, we were a lot in the same case... And yet even with the last update its not solved for all as i understand (some ppl waiting for months with the problem...).

One more time, I understand that the aesthetic aspect is important to you, but lets solve real major problems first and only then take care of the beauty issue... I personally don't care at all about the rgb (even if its cool am not gonna lie...) but most important is for me to be able to control it and make it work like its supposed to... and then if i can get it to be nice aesthetically speaking its top :)...

You are then one of the lucky ones (even the only one maybe ?) cause I was unable to solve the problem of disconnections this way (the only way was to uninstall iCue so have no control over the watercooling at all... not only lightnings) and reading all around on the web, we were a lot in the same case... And yet even with the last update its not solved for all as i understand (some ppl waiting for months with the problem...).

One more time, I understand that the aesthetic aspect is important to you, but lets solve real major problems first and only then take care of the beauty issue... I personally don't care at all about the rgb (even if its cool am not gonna lie...) but most important is for me to be able to control it and make it work like its supposed to... and then if i can get it to be nice aesthetically speaking its top :)...

Thats because your root cause is a different one than the one which affected me and hundreds of other users who got the disconnect fixed with 3.15 as Corsair told it is ONE out of several root causes which is fixed.

And I see it differently. With 3.14 the Arc on the LL worked fine. With 3.15 they broke it. I fully expect to get a fix in 3.16 and I dont care if other users have to wait longer for the usb disconnect second root fix. I want a working system which I paid for and they broke something in their recent update so they have to fix it, fullstop.

Thats because your root cause is a different one than the one which affected me and hundreds of other users who got the disconnect fixed with 3.15 as Corsair told it is ONE out of several root causes which is fixed.

And I see it differently. With 3.14 the Arc on the LL worked fine. With 3.15 they broke it. I fully expect to get a fix in 3.16 and I dont care if other users have to wait longer for the usb disconnect second root fix. I want a working system which I paid for and they broke something in their recent update so they have to fix it, fullstop.

Amigo I understand your frustration, I'm in the same case I paid a lot for it and I was upset for the usb disconnections (can't imagine how it is for ppl waiting for 6+ months for this to be fixed...), maybe to correct this major issue they had to deal with something linked to the RGB effects (RGB is causing a lot of problems not only with corsair products but other brands as well, gigabyte, msi, razer...) so who knows what is the problem deeply...

It still is a good product, and i'm sure they'll find a solution asap... Just wait a bit more... We are all here for the same reason, we want the product we paid for to be working as its supposed to... And I also hope all of it will be solved in the next update...

I'm still getting the usb disconnect sound on windows startup i'm assuming they didn't fix that yet for 3.15

edit: i get the sound when i open hwinfo64 while icue is running

Edited by menboong

I'm still getting the usb disconnect sound on windows startup i'm assuming they didn't fix that yet for 3.15
No, they didn't. This is probably by design to reset the cooler to whatever is set in iCue when iCue is starting up, though. It still would be nice to get an option to disable such behavior, however.

edit: i get the sound when i open hwinfo64 while icue is running
In HWinfo64, untick Settings->Safety->CorsairLink and Asetek Support. Edited by Glzmo

Thanks that fixed it shame i can't use hwinfo to check temps/fan speed. I disabled start on system startup in icue and the only time I get the sound now is on first initial manual start up of icue when I restart icue the sound is gone

today i found new firmware update to "1.01.15" any changelog ?

Just checked since you mentioned it, yep update for AIO firmware 1.01.15. I updated but still get flashing from the cooler and fan LED's about every minute or so.

Just checked since you mentioned it, yep update for AIO firmware 1.01.15. I updated but still get flashing from the cooler and fan LED's about every minute or so.

Are these lighting artifacts - you don't get the disconnects, just issues with the lighting?

How do you have the cooler connected? Direct to motherboard or via another device?

Are these lighting artifacts - you don't get the disconnects, just issues with the lighting?

How do you have the cooler connected? Direct to motherboard or via another device?

Yeah I'm getting disconnects. Not a lot but every now and then. Not artifacts, it's a flicker on the cooler and the fans. Cooler is connected to a copro.

Yeah I'm getting disconnects. Not a lot but every now and then. Not artifacts, it's a flicker on the cooler and the fans. Cooler is connected to a copro.

There's flicker and then there are disconnects - two different things.

Specifically, I've seen the flicker when pairing the CoPro with an AMD motherboard - but I've not had any disconnects with 1.15. Do you hear the USB disconnect sound? If so, are you running Steam or any monitoring tools?

Maybe this is a dumb question but is there any way to flash the new firmware on a device that's not being seen by iCUE but shows up in usbdeview?

also, if i have the constant disconnect bug, how can i be sure it's gonna finish flashing the new firmware before getting disconnected again and interrupt the flashing process :sigh!: