Corsair Community

Dead Blue LEDs

007vsMagua

I see that the last thread dealing with this issue has been closed, so I thought to start fresh. Corsair may be in the process of releasing a new and improved version of the Vengeance K70 with Blue Backlighting and with different MX Cherry Switches.

NOTE: This may be just a theory as I have no facts, but one can always hope.

• Administrators
Corsair may be in the process of releasing a new and improved version of the Vengeance K70 with Blue Backlighting and with different MX Cherry Switches.

NOTE: This may be just a theory as I have no facts, but one can always hope.

Just to confirm - you're stating that Corsair "may" do something - with no facts? If so, why?

Just to confirm - you're stating that Corsair "may" do something - with no facts? If so, why?

I do believe on one of the Corsair pages (Corsair Gaming or just Corsair, can't remember), there was a photo of a black aluminum backplate with blue LED's.

Well I do have some facts, but the facts are vague. Yellowbeard posted the clip below stating that there would be 11 configurations, but only 6 are listed and no mention of the led backlighting. I know Corsair is behind in getting stock out to dealers. I also contacted Corsair Sales and wondered why the Vengeance K70 Products Page still shows two K70's with Blue LEDs and was told they are still listed for informational purposes...OK. So all the signals indicate maybe something is on the way, maybe?

Edit: Ok, I did the math and counted the US, UK, and Nordic models and it does come out to 11, but no mention of the backlighting color for the K70s.

Edit #2: On further thought I don't remember many complaining about Red backlighted Vengeance K70 availability, but many are unhappy that they are unable to replace their Blue backlight Vengeance K70's. If Corsair is listening to their consumer base then it seems this model should be made available again so that us original consumers of the Blue backlighted K70 with the original Sails logo can do a reasonable RMA because of failing LED's.

http://i.imgur.com/5zERogg.jpg

So the issue of the "Sails Logo" goes on and many of us are unhappy about the new Gaming logo. By us, I mean us old conservative types, or perhaps office types, that love the Corsair brand and the quality of the K70, but the Gaming logo kind of kills it.

SO HERE IS AN IDEA_

Ditch the Vengeance branding, and create a simple line of Corsair Keyboards designed for the professional.

What About?

Corsair K70 RGB (I believe this unit should be available soon already as promised)

Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Blue/Brown - Blue Backlighting - Gunmetal/Black

To create a line of Professional keyboards under the Corsair branding would sell I believe.

So the issue of the "Sails Logo" goes on and many of us are unhappy about the new Gaming logo. By us, I mean us old conservative types, or perhaps office types, that love the Corsair brand and the quality of the K70, but the Gaming logo kind of kills it.

SO HERE IS AN IDEA_

Ditch the Vengeance branding, and create a simple line of Corsair Keyboards designed for the professional.

What About?

Corsair K70 RGB (I believe this unit should be available)

Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Blue/Brown - Blue Backlighting - Gunmetal/Black

To create a line of Professional keyboards under the Corsair branding would sell I believe.

I don't think they should ditch the Vengeance branding scheme as it was not even the one with the problem. It's the Corsair Gaming brand that brought along its new logo that most people did not agree with. What I think in fact is that they SHOULD go back to the Vengeance branding because it was the quality that we all expected without the weird logo. The design of the logo was simple as to say it fit in both a home and commercial setting.

Archived