Corsair Community

Tracking: M65 vs M40?

The M65 was my first gaming mouse and Corsair product.

Roughly six months ago, I purchased the Corsair M65. I was seeking a mouse that was durable, clicked easily, and had flawless tracking; the M65 fit nearly all my needs, falling short due to its unusual tracking.

The M65 was my first laser mouse as well, previous mice being random optical mice equivalent to a dollar in this day and age, and yet they still tracked better than the M65. Don't get me wrong, the M65 can definitely track, but feels smooth/floaty as opposed to the accurate spot-on tracking of my previous mice. I fiddled with the firmware, disabled acceleration and all that jazz, but it still was a fruitless comparison.

I bought a Zowie FK a few days ago as Zowie is known for sporting top tier sensors, and while it is true (in my experience), it fell in every other standard I've placed. The cable was a generic office mouse cable, and quite frankly, the transition from ergonomic to ambidextrous mice was awkward. The part that threw me off the most were the Huano switches. I expected it to be tougher to click and braced for it, but I just cannot adapt since I spam tap on my choice of shooters.

The thing was impossible to click compared to the M65, and so I decided to look into the M40 instead. It's optical, has the same shell as the M65, and uses a sensor from the same brand that Zowie uses, Avago, while everything upwards is by PixArt.

tl;dr: Is the M40 tracking flawless or better than that of the M65? Does it use the same switches as the M65? Thanks in advance.

Archived