Corsair Community

iCUE 3.12.118

unrivaledx21

Today I've noticed that my CUE 1.16 software, my preferred version, is refusing to open when it had been working perfectly fine before (Am on Windows 10 and using the K70 RGB Lux).

Anyhow, I then decided to give iCUE 3.12.118 a try, which has opened fine. The UI is over simplified, but the usability of this software has been a nightmare. I have spent the past hour trying to set up a simple macro that executes by toggle and changes the key lighting whilst toggled on / off. First of all, the macro toggle just doesn't work. It turns on, but then refuses to turn off. Second, I am going absolutely mad trying to figure out the macro lighting option in the 'Start settings' tab. It always says 'None' in the drop down regardless of what I do.

I have uninstalled the software and will continue trying to get 1.16 to work again. I would like iCUE to work as it should though which is the reason for this post.

Is the software broken, or is it non user friendly, with no guidance at all, on setting up a simple macro with lighting effects and toggle capability?

I am not exactly sure what macro you're trying to set up. The Advanced Tab has the toggle and repeat settings in the Actions Tab -> Macro drop down menu. As for the lighting, you need to create the effect you want in the Lighting tab. Once you create a ripple/wave effect, it will then appear in the list. However, I suspect what you really want is a single key color change on toggle. Perhaps someone else that uses that feature more regularly can assist.

Archived