Corsair Community

Thanks Corsair for Prompt Response

Towle

I was reading on your website about delays but it took only a couple of days after I logged my warranty request and you are sending me a brand new replacement according to my email. My Corsair Void Headset battery is not recharging and I kept getting 'Battery Critical" female voice over but then she would say "Charge Complete" this happens over and over and is annoying trying to play BFV . When I checked CUE software, there was no charge after removing the USB cable. The USB cable had been plugged in for a whole day at least. The battery is not user replaceable.

You sent me a tracking number 1Z4VX5250XXXXXXX but where do I go to track this?

RMA number: 170066 :nodding::headbang2

I was expecting a longer delay but your no quibble replacement has made me a loyal customer and I will be buying Corsair in future.

Now I have an email that says No you won't replace this as it was a replacement headset and not covered by your 2 year warranty. This is despite Corsair sending me an email on the 01/30/19 that my item was shipped under Ticket 170066 even giving me a tracking number. Now Corsair are asking me to send them the email that they sent me regarding the item being shipped !! Pure madness. Doesn't Corsair keep a track of these things their end? I would just want to know has Corsair shipped the replacement headset or not. What is the purpose of me sending them their own email back to prove anything when they should already know this.

It even says shipped on 01/30/19 in the ticket

So at this stage I take back my kind words praising Corsair's customer service as now it has turned into a nightmare.

1143213930_bandicam2019-02-0410-37-28-716.thumb.jpg.cd72a06cd80fef04870d94b35a986d74.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Hello Towle,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, the shipping information you've received was from a long time ago. As for the warranty, we give you a 2 year warranty, and if there were any replacement done, the warranty period still continues off the original purchase date, not the replacement date. The warranty can be found here. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/warranty

CORSAIR provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of CORSAIR hardware product purchased from an authorized CORSAIR reseller. CORSAIR warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a specified period commencing on the date of purchase. The warranty period will vary by specific product, as identified in your user documentation, on the product package, or as listed in the attached listing of CORSAIR Warranty Periods. In the event any of these warranty periods differ, the longest specified warranty period will apply.

•All headset products have a 2 year warranty

Best,

Wootaru

So why did Julie Ann C want the email that said you had shipped my replacement?

Why did you send me an email with a tracking number that said the replacement headset was shipped?

Why does the Ticket 170066 also state that the item was shipped on 01/30/19 ??

You fail to follow Australian Consumer Law which is clear that even you replaced that headset , I am still covered by warranty which is a statutory warranty that every business, even if based overeas, must follow. You were provided a link from our Consumer Affairs and you chose to disregard and ignore.

Last time I buy Corsair as your product is unreliable and doesn’t last more than 2 years and you don’t stand behind your product and mislead me about it being replaced

There is nothing to support your statement here https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/return-refund-policy

You should read this about another US based company that took Australian Consumer Law for granted and got into hot water https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/full-federal-court-confirms-that-valve-misled-gamers

“The Full Court found Valve carried on business in Australia, and was therefore bound by the Australian Consumer Law in its dealings with customers here,” ACCC Chairman Rod Sims said.

I will be lodging a complaint with the ACCC ( Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) if you are found breaching ACL, there is a $10 Million fine

Australian Consumer Law trumps your company policy. Your warranty fails to disclose that Australian's have any warranty rights under ACL. EA (Electronic Arts) another US Based company has adapted their warranty to ensure they comply with Australian Consumer Law, unlike Corsair.

https://www.ea.com/en-au/warranty They provide Australian-based contact details, including an address and phone number.

I suggest you read this document as it outlines your responsibilities conducting business in Australia and consumer law as you appear completely ignorant of your legal obligations.

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Warranties%20and%20refunds%20-%20a%20guide%20for%20consumers%20and%20business.pdf

Web form ID: accc-report:207704

Thank you for your report. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us.

Responses will usually be provided within 15 business days.

We will respond to you where we have information that may help you, or you have asked a question about your rights or obligations under the law. If this is not the case, you may not receive a response.

Our website provides information about your rights as a consumer and how to resolve a dispute about a product or service. See: http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers

You can also see our website for information about what we can and can’t do for consumers and the types of matters we prioritise.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Towle,

Your ticket was imported to make sure we didn't lose your ticket. You've purchased a your item back in 2013. Therefore you saw that there was an update to your ticket. We stated that we have a 2 year warranty, and that if you were to receive a replacement of the unit that it does not refresh your warranty period.

We are following the guidelines when it comes to processing your RMA. You are out from Warranty by 4 years already. You posted a link to our refund policy which stats that after you've made a purchase on our webstore, you have 30 days to return your product for a refund.

Please understand there is nothing we can do on our end to fulfill your RMA this far out of your warranty.

Best,

Wootaru

Hello Towle,

Your ticket was imported to make sure we didn't lose your ticket. You've purchased a your item back in 2013. Therefore you saw that there was an update to your ticket. We stated that we have a 2 year warranty, and that if you were to receive a replacement of the unit that it does not refresh your warranty period.

We are following the guidelines when it comes to processing your RMA. You are out from Warranty by 4 years already. You posted a link to our refund policy which stats that after you've made a purchase on our webstore, you have 30 days to return your product for a refund.

Please understand there is nothing we can do on our end to fulfill your RMA this far out of your warranty.

Best,

Wootaru

Here is some sage advice if you have no intention of following the laws of the countries you sell your products then cease supply immediately to avoid legal ramification including hefty fines and sanction and find yourself in the same position as Valve Software did.

It say a lot about the reliability and longevity of your products when they keep failing under 2 years

Archived