Corsair Community

Windows 10 USB 3.0

saschje

Hello guys,

just updated from Windows pro 8.1 (64 bit) to Windows pro 10 (64 bit).

Now my Voyager GT 32 GT (1306022905) stopped working.

Updated AMD chipset drivers without success.

Mainboard Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 with NEC / Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible-Hostcontroller - 0.96 (Microsoft).

Renesas driver version: 10.0.10240.16384 from Microsoft (09.07.2015)

USB 2.0 devices working fine on this USB Hostcontroller.

Voyager stick also working fine with USB 2.0 Controller on same mainboard.

Does have any one same issue or ideas to fix?

Thanks & Regards, Saschje

I'm having the same problem on a Samsung NP740U3E-A02SE.

I recently updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I had the same problem in Windows 8/8.1, but I fixed that with the modified files for Intel Extensible Host Controller (see: http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windows-8-and-intel-usb-3-0-host-controllers).

After updating to Windows 10 my Corsair Voyager GT 64 stopped working in the USB 3 slot. It works in both the USB 2 slots. Windows tells me" USB device not recognised. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognise it, your device may not be working properly."

I'm getting USB 3 speeds on my Windows 7 desktop PC with the same Voyager GT.

EDIT:

The error code I recieve was 43. I fixed it by going to Device Manager, browsing down to "Universal Serial Bus controllers", then I right click and press Update driver software, then click "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" and then I selected whichever was available on the list and pressed next. I did that with all the items in the USB controller list.

• 4 weeks later...
Identical problem and symptoms as Lykke on both my pc and laptop running win 10. The voyager worked great on win 7 before the upgrade to 10. My Lexar usb 3.0 32gb does work on win 10 however. If anyone has a solution for the voyager please advise.

If you haven't tried it yet, Google "Snappy Driver" and let it scan your computer. Besides perhaps (hopefully) repairing your USB 3.0 problem, it will probably find a lot of other drivers that need updating. It's a free program and apparently widely used (i.e., no Trojans, spyware, etc.). Hope this helps.

After many grey hairs and win 10 doing its own changes with the bios,I managed to get things in a win7 win 10 dual boot but find myself using win 7 most of the time

Even with a high dollar video card win 10 still has lots of issues getting the screen to sit right,,,

• 10 months later...

Hello again,

tried Win10 once more, updated from 8.1 as last time.

Ran into same issue + some new one (mouse freezing).

Downloaded latest drivers for my components as far as available, to make sure everything is installed correct or may reinstall for "repair".

As so USB3.0 from GIGABYTE webpage.

Noticed a small difference at the compressed exe to the last used.

24.07.2016 22:29 5.883.645 MB_motherboard_driver_usb3.exe

26.09.2010 18:42 5.896.652 MB_USB3.exe

Installed by setup.exe, rebooted, plugged in flash drive, working, hurray.

hth anyone, download link: http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_usb3.exe

Regards, Saschje

Archived