The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:56 AM
mug2k mug2k is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 994189
mug2k Reputation: 10
Default Removing the GPU for air travel?

Hi,

I recently got a One Pro Ti and I'm loving everything about the system especially the size. I'm planning to live in another country in the near future and will need to take the system with me.

I'll be taking 2 suitcases and rather than putting the system in a single case I'm thinking of maybe putting the GPU in 1 and the rest of the system in the other might be a good idea to spread the risk.

Is it possible, if so how hard is it?
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 02-14-2019, 01:47 PM
crrafferty89 crrafferty89 is offline
Registered User
crrafferty89's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
POST ID # = 994222
crrafferty89 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug2k View Post
Hi,

I recently got a One Pro Ti and I'm loving everything about the system especially the size. I'm planning to live in another country in the near future and will need to take the system with me.

I'll be taking 2 suitcases and rather than putting the system in a single case I'm thinking of maybe putting the GPU in 1 and the rest of the system in the other might be a good idea to spread the risk.

Is it possible, if so how hard is it?
Sounds like you're over thinking this situation. Remember this unit is tiny and if you're flying international you'll be on a larger aircraft with larger that normal overhead bins. You can easily fit the Corsair One in a suitcase that meets the carry-on specifications. If you want to be really safe you could actually purchase a from Case Cruzers and cut the foam to fit the corsair one. It would then be protected by foam and an extremely durable plastic case.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Corsair StormShadow's Avatar
Corsair StormShadow Corsair StormShadow is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 516
POST ID # = 994243
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug2k View Post
Hi,

I recently got a One Pro Ti and I'm loving everything about the system especially the size. I'm planning to live in another country in the near future and will need to take the system with me.

I'll be taking 2 suitcases and rather than putting the system in a single case I'm thinking of maybe putting the GPU in 1 and the rest of the system in the other might be a good idea to spread the risk.

Is it possible, if so how hard is it?
It is NOT easy to remove the GPU. You can transport your unit in a well-padded suit case and you shouldn't have any issue.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:39 PM
mug2k mug2k is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 994381
mug2k Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crrafferty89 View Post
Sounds like you're over thinking this situation. Remember this unit is tiny and if you're flying international you'll be on a larger aircraft with larger that normal overhead bins. You can easily fit the Corsair One in a suitcase that meets the carry-on specifications. If you want to be really safe you could actually purchase a from Case Cruzers and cut the foam to fit the corsair one. It would then be protected by foam and an extremely durable plastic case.
Wouldn't the fact that it's liquid-cooled pose a problem as a carry-on?
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:43 PM
mug2k mug2k is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 994383
mug2k Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow View Post
It is NOT easy to remove the GPU. You can transport your unit in a well-padded suit case and you shouldn't have any issue.
That's what I'm thinking, gonna try and get a really good suitcase along the lines of a Samsonite S'Cure Spinner!
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:48 AM
crrafferty89 crrafferty89 is offline
Registered User
crrafferty89's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
POST ID # = 994818
crrafferty89 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug2k View Post
Wouldn't the fact that it's liquid-cooled pose a problem as a carry-on?
Doubt it. But if it does the case has a lock and you just lock it up and stick it on the plane. It wont be handled any worse than when it was shipped.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.