Corsair Community

Side buttons dont work (scimitar RGB)

fer_gonzalez

I just bought this Corsair Scimitar RGB mouse and the excitement quickly became disappointment. First thing I tried to do after installing the iCue was changing the mouse light effects, and noticed the side buttons light wasnt working no matter what effect I apply, all the lights but the side buttons always work but thats OK, who cares?

So I decided to set up the side buttons, looked up for many tutorials and got everything right... But it didn't work.

I assigned the F buttons for the G so G1=F1, G2=F2 and so on till G12=12

When I first opened the game (Tibia, yes people still play that lol) my character started spammimg F1 like as if I was holding the button (there is an option to keep it pressed but it is not marked, I've tried to mark and unmark it back again later).

It keeps the button pressed for about 4 seconds, then 4 seconds working properly and repeats the cycle.

PS. During the 4 seconds working "properly", only the G4 button works but not on the key it was designed to, it presses F1 ou F7, F5... everything but F4 as said it should

PS 2. When I press the G4 button, some blueish light goes on below the scroll, lightning the mouse and mouse pad, the the other 11 side buttons it does not happen.

PS 3. Its not only ingame, when I open a Google Chrome window, it keeps opening the Help tab (F1 is the shortcut to it), if I set G1 as Alt + Tab its 4 long seconds switching programs, if I set it as F5 it refreshes the tab like crazy.

PS 4. Sometimes when using the iCue, my headset gets disconnected and I need to unplug and plug it back on to work properly.

PS 5. I already contacted tech support via chat and phone yesterday, so I've tried to update the software to its latest version, tried to look for other versions on the support forum, opened a ticket and got a link to a version from tech support that was supposed to work - didnt either. So as told by them, I tried a hard reset as last resource and failed again. Between diferent versions of the software, I always uninstalled the whole program and ran the Ccleaner to make sure it was gone, like instructed by the phone

Is it an Issue with the mouse piece itself? Is it something related to Windows 10? Is it the iCue? (I've been reading lots of bad comments about the software)

Sorry for my bad english but I tried.

This issue appears to becoming more prevalent. Not sure of the underlying cause. See the two threads below. I would reinstall the software as a start.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=179536

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178993

Already did, gonna add it in a PS.

I did contact them on chat and phone, they told me to soft reset the mouse - didnt work

update the software - didnt work

use a different version on the support forum - tried 3 and none worked so the tech support helped me opening a ticket and sent me a link to a version that could work - didnt work either so I tried a hard reset as last resource and failed again. Not sure what else I can do

use a different version on the support forum - tried 3 and none worked

Do you mean a the older version of the software, something like CUE 2.24.50? A little concerning if that did not work either.

I had one experience with this with the G-keys on the K95P and sniper button on the M65 Pro going through lengthy periods of lag or delay, sometimes as much as 15 seconds. Those functions are software based, just like the side buttons on the Scimitar. The odd part is it really only showed itself in one game and only with MSI Afterburner running... or so I thought. I could roll back to CUE 2 and everything seemed normal, it worked fine on the desktop, but that one game was always problematic. Then after several weeks the scope of the problem expanded and it started happening elsewhere. It was clear the problem lay on a deeper level and system interrupts were causing usb issues. I needed to do an OS re-install. All problems fixed and better all around. A bit too soon to go down that path, but the additional USB issues are concerning. Perhaps someone else has a better intermediate idea.

Do you have any other Corsair peripherals (mice/keyboards) to plug in and try? Windows version?

• 4 weeks later...
Try doing it through the Hardware profiles in iCUE. You can save the Hardware profiles there. Had a similar problem with the buttons not working after I restart computer while having them assigned to a certain keybind. Came across a forum post that had a solution for me to do the key assignments in one of the HW profiles instead since you can save your profile to device. Try it, maybe it works for you.

Archived