Corsair Community

Help with Performance 3/BIOS Quick Boot

So, I recently had trouble with hybrid sleep on my Peformance 3 P128-equipped system. I recently followed Yellowbeard's instructions in the sticky to turn off Quick Boot in the AMI BIOS because of a conflict with the P3-128's firmware.

I noticed that although now I can put my system into sleep mode without it failing to wake again, it takes almost twice as long to boot to desktop now, and I'm rather disappointed about this because the fast boot time is one of the main reasons why I use SSDs, and why I purchased mine from Corsair in the first place.

Therefore, I was wondering if Corsair is working on something that will fix this problem, which seems to be epidemic in systems running Windows 7 SP1. Is there any software or other remedy that will allow me to achieve a "Quick Boot" like speed without enabling the AMI BIOS's setting? Please forgive me if I sound rather uninformed, but I really would like some assistance with this, otherwise I feel I will want to use an SSD from a different manufacturer.

• 3 months later...
I purchased a P3-128 SSD, and I am very annoyed that there have not been any updates on a new firmware since I inquired about it back in April. One of the main reasons I enjoy using SSDs is for the very fast boot time. Since I had to disable Quick Boot in my BIOS, Boot times are 2x longer, if not more so. If something isn't done soon, there is a distinct possibility that I'll sell this drive and go with another manufacturer.

Archived