Corsair Community

ATTN: Ray, regarding our earlier phone call

jabshire

Haven't been able to reach you by phone. Trying to get an update on getting my memory replaced (TWINX1024-3200LLPT for an ASUS A7N8X.)

To recap, system won't boot (no video) without clearing CMOS, then system loses video when saving BIOS (with or without making changes).

I have personally swapped the graphics card, motherboard and power supply. Tech at CompUSA swapped CPU. None of these changes fixed the problem. System booted ok only after he swapped out the Corsair sticks.

Computer is still at CompUSA so I cannot help you troubleshoot further. I understand you spoke to their tech earlier and I am trying to find out what transpired (CompUSA tech has left for the day.)

Jim Abshire

• Corsair Employee

Mr. Abshire,

I have sent you the email yesterday and for whatever reason it didn't go through. Anyways the following will be the correct BIOS settings for your system; just give us a call back as soon as you have your system with you so we can walk you through it and help you troubleshoot your system.

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/Optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX1024 or TwinX512-3200LL

CPU Freq: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived