Corsair Community

8700k and h115i 55C idle 85-90C gaming

akalyptos_2000

we need to know your H115i Temp (coolant temperature) from iCUE/Link. That is the key as to whether this is a mounting issue or cooler problem.

If that H115i temp starts kind of low when you boot/wake, but that visibly ticks up in front of your eyes, that likely is a cooler problem. Coolant temp should be slow to change, even when under 100% CPU load.

Well, your coolant temp is 40C and so the minimum CPU temp is also 40C. That's right in between post-gaming load and too warm. However, in a single screen shot we can't discriminate between the two. Your other information in Link suggests the case temp is probably in the upper 30s and so a 40C coolant temp isn't necessarily improper.

You need to look at the coolant temp behavior either after a cold boot or during a CPU stress test (or both). For the stress test, use something mild like Intel XTU. I am more interested in what happens to the coolant temp than the peak CPU temperatures. You only need to run it for 5 minutes. The expected coolant rise on a 280mm is only about +4-5C at a 1000-1200 rpm fan speed. If the H115i Temp starts climbing really fast, abort the test and report back.

After at least an hour of power off or sleep, you can also watch what happens to the coolant temp when you boot/wake. It should be cool with a very slow rise of +4C or so over the first 15 minutes. Again, if the coolant temps starts ticking up at +1C every few seconds, something is wrong.

Also, what kind of case is this in and where is the H115i located? Top exhaust? Front intake? If it's not the cooler, then we likely need to look at heat management. I assume this became a recent problem.

Archived