Corsair Community

Corsair Devices activate after the computer shuts down

mpoffo

I mentioned this in a note on the thread for the newest ICUE version but thought I would make a seperate topic. After the update that gave us back some hardware control (:loveeyes:) I have noticed that when my computer is shut down completely, if anyone touches the keyboard or mouse those will activate in default lighting mode. Sometimes the MM800 activates as well in rainbow mode.

I recall this being an issue in the CUE/CUE2 that was corrected and wonder if the latest version reintroduced this bug. Is this a known issue at this time?

This was true prior to the current version and all previous CUE 2/3 software and is not related to the software. Your USB ports still supply power when your PC is shut down. This may or may not be adjustable for your particular motherboard. The sure fire way of preventing it is to flip the power switch on the PSU. Now your PC is off. You’ll have decide how necessary this is for your day to day living. I am used to it and it doesn’t happen often, although on occasion I will find a 4 year old sitting in my office chair staring at the lights.

This was true prior to the current version and all previous CUE 2/3 software and is not related to the software. Your USB ports still supply power when your PC is shut down. This may or may not be adjustable for your particular motherboard. The sure fire way of preventing it is to flip the power switch on the PSU. Now your PC is off. You’ll have decide how necessary this is for your day to day living. I am used to it and it doesn’t happen often, although on occasion I will find a 4 year old sitting in my office chair staring at the lights.

Ok thanks. I guess I don't remember that but it has been awhile. I will see if my rampage VI has some setting I can tweak.

Archived