Corsair Community

Dark Core SE RGB and Qi Wireless Charging

I've got a standard 10W (5V/2A) Qi wireless charger that I've been using for my phone and thought that it would be great to use along with my Dark Core SE RGB as well. However, if I leave the mouse on the charging pad, it stops charging and the mouse is unresponsive for a couple of minutes. At first I was wondering what the deal was and then I touched the area where the charging coils are on the mouse (and I assume where the battery is) and found that they were quite warm to the touch. So my current theory is that they need to cool down before being able to be turned on again?

So my question is, does the mouse not automatically shut off charging when its full and just continue on until it essentially overheats? Because of the above I've resorted to charging via USB overnight when I'm not using the mouse for now.

Wireless charging for this mouse is something strange. I tried to use my Qi charger and found many issues

1. After charging mouse show battery level which was before charging the battery. It changes to full after some time (half hour of hour)

2. When we have medium battery level and place mouse on charging pad, battery level immediatiely changes to full and stops charging.

3. When mouse charges over the night on Qi charger sometimes it stops charging after full charge...sometimes not and at morning i found it still charging and both mouse and charger become hot.

The wireless charging relalization in this mouse just terrible. It looks like this option is added here only to write it in specification and additive in price

Yeah that's kinda been my experience as well. I used to leave it on to charge overnight on the Qi charger but then in the morning when I try and turn it on the mouse does not respond and I used to panic but then realised its probably because it overheated and the battery/charging circuits/whatever need to cool down. I might open a ticket and see if Corsair has anything to say about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Wireless charging for this mouse is something strange. I tried to use my Qi charger and found many issues

1. After charging mouse show battery level which was before charging the battery. It changes to full after some time (half hour of hour)

2. When we have medium battery level and place mouse on charging pad, battery level immediatiely changes to full and stops charging.

3. When mouse charges over the night on Qi charger sometimes it stops charging after full charge...sometimes not and at morning i found it still charging and both mouse and charger become hot.

The wireless charging relalization in this mouse just terrible. It looks like this option is added here only to write it in specification and additive in price

Can I use the ipad charger to charge this mouse ?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So I recently got a Dark Core RGB SE and the MM1000 Qi charging pad yesterday, I left it over night to charge and LED indication was blinking really fast on the charging pad. The mouse battery only indicates medium this morning. I tried to get it to charge more today but I was wondering if the battery icon is supposed to change charging just like when the cable is plugged in?

So I recently got a Dark Core RGB SE and the MM1000 Qi charging pad yesterday, I left it over night to charge and LED indication was blinking really fast on the charging pad. The mouse battery only indicates medium this morning. I tried to get it to charge more today but I was wondering if the battery icon is supposed to change charging just like when the cable is plugged in?

I've got the same set up. If the indicator is blinking fast then the mouse isn't in the right spot. If it is blinking around 1 flash per second, then it is in the right spot. It seems to be a small area that is perfect, usually sitting with the logo on the mouse directly above the circle on the pad.

I've got the same set up. If the indicator is blinking fast then the mouse isn't in the right spot. If it is blinking around 1 flash per second, then it is in the right spot. It seems to be a small area that is perfect, usually sitting with the logo on the mouse directly above the circle on the pad.

Thanks! do you get the charging indication over the battery status in iCUE?

• 3 weeks later...

So finally I'm back. I've bought a second Dark RGB SE and also a MM1000. I use the MM1000 at home and it works perfect. But at work with the previous Dark RGB SE and my Belkin QE, I've got an issue. I let the mouse during all the week-end on the Qi charger, and this morning when arriving, battery indicates "Low"... I don't know if the mouse has got an issue or if the charger and the mouse are not working perfectly together...

Some advices ?

So finally I'm back. I've bought a second Dark RGB SE and also a MM1000. I use the MM1000 at home and it works perfect. But at work with the previous Dark RGB SE and my Belkin QE, I've got an issue. I let the mouse during all the week-end on the Qi charger, and this morning when arriving, battery indicates "Low"... I don't know if the mouse has got an issue or if the charger and the mouse are not working perfectly together...

Some advices ?

If you've got a Wireless Charging capable phone, I'd suggest testing that with the MM1000 and the Belkin Qi charger. I've lodged a ticket for my Dark Core RGB SE, as it's still having all kinds of issues with charging off the MM1000, yet my Samsung S8+ charges fine off of it. I can only assume this means it's an issue with the mouse.

A little upsetting, being that I bought the mouse and mouse mat just for the Qi Charging. But being that this is Corsair's first dive in to wireless mice, I can understand the teething issues. With a bit of luck, they'll address these issues in full when it comes to 'SlipStream' tech when they introduce that soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Only signed up here to say that I have the same issue.

Bought the mouse 3 or 4 days ago. Every time I leave it charging overnight on my Belkin Qi charger that I charge my iPhone XS with, the mouse becomes unusable in the morning. It is very hot to the touch, especially the bottom part. Even when I connect a wire to it, it won't become responsive. Had to wait for about 5 minutes for it to cool down, then it became usable.

I have a feeling that the Qi charger actually drains the battery. My iCue shows that I have 7% battery left after charging all night and I had about 40% left most likely when I put it on the charger at night.

I have submitted a ticket but Corsair has not responded yet. My advice to everybody is to stop using Qi chargers all together for the time being.

EDIT: Turns out that when you switch off the mouse before placing on charging matt it will not overheat!

Edited by iHertU

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I've had nothing but issues with this mouse and now mine is not charging on the Qi pad either, or charging very slowly. It's been dead some morning after leaving it on the charger. IT sometimes charges with USB, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the tip of my issues, I have a ticket open, hoping for a replacement since this thing is less than a year old.

• 5 months later...
I think I’ve found the issue. It’s iCUE. If I set the mouse on the charging pad before iCUE loads it starts charging. Once iCUE loads it stops. I’ve tried uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling without any changes to the settings and it still will not charge while its powered on. This has to be a software issue.

• 2 months later...
I think I’ve found the issue. It’s iCUE. If I set the mouse on the charging pad before iCUE loads it starts charging. Once iCUE loads it stops. I’ve tried uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling without any changes to the settings and it still will not charge while its powered on. This has to be a software issue.

I recently got mine and would get no indication at all that it was charging with my Samsung QI pad. Saw this and turned off iCue and then my mouse started indicating charging. Dunno if iCue just gets in the way of the indication and charging still happens, but it's a bit odd.

Since iCue doesn't indicate charging in program either I suppose I'll have to do a test and see if it charges even though it's not indicated.