Corsair Community

I have to send my 570X back for a replacement stand off for the top front buffer??

Sammaye

tl;dr there is a solution to this, you can buy filters from the Corsair shop and remove the stand offs manually. These will give you the spare parts you need.

So, I broke the flimsy little clip on one of my stand offs on the top panel recently (the ones in the front buffer) while cleaning the front buffer with a soft anti static brush.

I thought I would go to Corsair for help in getting a spare part only to be told that this part is not available and I have to send my entire case back for a replacement.

Seriously? Send my entire case back every time I clean it???

Why does Corsair think I just have spare cases laying around my house? Or that I can do without my PC for maybe a month? Or that I even have the time to go through this whole mess?

I would rather just buy a new 570X and salvage the parts from that, or just never buy Corsair again, both would be far easier than dealing with Corsair.

To top it off, due to the images on their site for the front buffer, I wasted £20-30 buying a pointless spare for my computer, the site clearly shows the stand offs in the front buffer but when the item came to me, there were no stand offs included... Thanks for the deceptive images.

Right now, I think I would make my life much easier by never buying Corsair, every time I touch Corsair's or Asus' customer service I always get a "we don't give a ****" response, I used to get really good responses from Corsair...

I'm scared to build mine if it's that easy to brake.

Mine is over 12 months old and all 8 have been removed many many times when cleaning glass/filters.... I suggest the OP could be as heavy with his hands as he is with his words ;)

lets not let this 'myth' get too far out of hand ;)...

I do feel for the OP not being able to get a spare though.. accidents do happen.......

Not only this, but this is not the first time, the first 570X I had the exact same one break. What is more is that it is the same one, the one furthest from the IO panel, the one closest is actually really sturdy and hard.

It is fine if you remember to take them out first, but if you forget... Well, ****

Mine is over 12 months old and all 8 have been removed many many times when cleaning glass/filters.... I suggest the OP could be as heavy with his hands as he is with his words ;)

lets not let this 'myth' get too far out of hand ;)...

I do feel for the OP not being able to get a spare though.. accidents do happen.......

All 8? There are only 2

• Corsair Employee
Hey Sammaya, you haven't sent back the case yet right? If you haven't, good, because we can just send you the top filter and it will come with the stand off. Submit a ticket and let them know that one of the stand offs broke. They will send you the top filter that will come with the stand off. Let me know if you run into any issues with the request.

Archived