Corsair Community

Help - 128 Gig of cmd64gx4m4b3333c16 on X99 Gaming 5p

SuBDivisions

Hi there, need some assistance (and thanks to those who participate).

I have built #OblivionPC, an attempt at a PC to end all PC's (at least in my area), and in the process i have 128 Gig of cmd64gx4m4b3333c16 . I am currently overclocking my 6850K to 4.25Ghz Stable and Cool. Getting the ram to 3333 has proven just about impossible, but i have had some success at 3250..

I have had a very hard time understanding the voltages of this board, as its Bios options are vastly different (IMO) then other X99 Boards (Gigabyte Gaming 5P) but I am running the ram at its stock 1.35 Volts as per the Profile (but i have to disable the XMP Profile or im totally unstable). I dont know which options to set to properly up the voltages to get the 128 Gig to remain. What happens is some of the boots i get a 96GB Total instead of 128 Gig.. My guess is im right on the cusp of enough voltage to push it. What should i increase? Should i decrease timings? Right now they are stock timings, which are 16-18-18-36 @ 1.35V.

I have run IBT and INtel's Extrexe Tuner stability tests for an hour on the Ram, No issue (when its running at 128 Gig).. Its just wonky and i want to make sure my settings are good.

All help is appreciated much.

• Corsair Employee
Perhaps a bit more voltage. If not, you'll want to try to loosen timings. I believe this particular kit is geared more for Intel mainstream boards (Z170/270/370) than the older HEDT X99 platform. Let us know if you manage to get it going at 3333MHz!

How much More? Plus this board has so many wonky voltage settings... They are:

DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) 1.350V

DrAM Training Voltage (CH A/B) 1.400V

DDRVPP Voltage (CH A/B) AUTO

DRAM Termination (CH A/B) AUTO

Same ones for CH C/D, Same voltages. I set the numbers manually, the rest are Auto default.

Also just for FYI, have the CPU Ring Voltage 1.200V, CPU System Agent Voltage +0.270V, CPU VCCIO 1.120V, CPU VCORE at 1.310V (Running 6850K at 4.25) on 125 Bus. CPU Stable (So far)..

There are a bunch of settings in Advanced Power settings i dunno if i need them, there all on AUTO.. ones like DDR Voltage Protection, DDE PWM Switch Rate..

Also manually set timings, they are:

16-18-18-36-52 on all sticks. Memory boot mode is on AUTO. Memory Enhancement is set to NORMAL.

• Corsair Employee
How much More? Plus this board has so many wonky voltage settings... They are:

DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) 1.350V

DrAM Training Voltage (CH A/B) 1.400V

DDRVPP Voltage (CH A/B) AUTO

DRAM Termination (CH A/B) AUTO

Same ones for CH C/D, Same voltages. I set the numbers manually, the rest are Auto default.

Also just for FYI, have the CPU Ring Voltage 1.200V, CPU System Agent Voltage +0.270V, CPU VCCIO 1.120V, CPU VCORE at 1.310V (Running 6850K at 4.25) on 125 Bus. CPU Stable (So far)..

There are a bunch of settings in Advanced Power settings i dunno if i need them, there all on AUTO.. ones like DDR Voltage Protection, DDE PWM Switch Rate..

Also manually set timings, they are:

16-18-18-36-52 on all sticks. Memory boot mode is on AUTO. Memory Enhancement is set to NORMAL.

Not sure entirely. You're going to have to experiment a bit more on your own to see how your memory and the memory controller interact.

That being said, 4 up 128GB at 3333MHz would be pretty impressive to see on X99. I believe this particular kit was meant for Intel Z170/Z270 with X99 being more of a "your mileage may vary" type of situation.

I've reached out to our memory team for confirmation.

Not sure entirely. You're going to have to experiment a bit more on your own to see how your memory and the memory controller interact.

That being said, 4 up 128GB at 3333MHz would be pretty impressive to see on X99. I believe this particular kit was meant for Intel Z170/Z270 with X99 being more of a "your mileage may vary" type of situation.

I've reached out to our memory team for confirmation.

So another words.. Plugging the PC into the 220 is not recommended :D What i need specifically is what settings i should be messing with, I will get the voltages and stuff, i know you cant comment on that cause you can't be held responsible for me basically putting my PC into the China Syndrome.. but what bios settings should i be looking for specifically..

Archived